Penn State Health Children's Hospital Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes - Physician is seeking a Pediatric Endocrinologist
Join our Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes!
The Department of Pediatrics is a dynamic and stimulating place to work
Our Children s Hospital has just been significantly enlarged
Who Are We?
A growing Division, currently with 7 physicians (5 full time)
1 CRNP (currently recruiting for a second CRNP)
A full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative support, 4 full time diabetes nurse educators, 2 endocrine nurses, 2 dietitians, and 1 social worker
Infusion Center in the Children s Hospital for endocrine stimulation testing
New outpatient clinic facility
What Are We Seeking?
- Board-certified (or Board Eligible) Pediatric Endocrinologist
- M.D., D.O., or non-US equivalent
- Licensed to practice in the State of Pennsylvania (or willing to acquire license)
- Clinical research interest is supported but not required
What are the Responsibilities?
- Seeing patients in the outpatient endocrine and diabetes clinics
- Providing inpatient consult services 8-10 weeks per year
- Educating of trainees and students
- Sharing call with the other physicians, supported by a robust triage system
What Are We Offering?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign on bonus and relocation assistance
- CME time and funds
- Participation in a highly respected and effective Junior Faculty Development Program (JFDP)
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
- Potential to develop subspecialty clinics in your area of interest
- Proximity to all of the cultural and historical sites of the northeastern US as well as to numerous outdoor venues for hiking, skiing, biking and kayaking
- Opportunity to live in the sweetest place on earth with great public schools, safe neighborhoods and short commutes to work - perfect for families with children
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.