Job Description & Requirements
The Division of Digestive Diseases at the Emory University School of Medicine seeks an Adult Gastroenterologist for a position at the Emory University Hospital Midtown in Atlanta. The incoming adult gastroenterologist will work for a division that serves as a regional and national academic and clinical unit to meet a tripartite mission: teaching, patient care, and research. Candidates must be board-eligible or ABIM board-certified in gastroenterology. All levels of experience are encouraged to apply.Opportunity Highlights
- Opportunity to help build and establish a GI program at Emory University Hospital Midtown in the heart of Atlanta, Georgia
- Join the nationally ranked Emory University Hospital s expert team of gastroenterology and liver specialists
- Faculty are devoted to providing patient-centered, comprehensive care for digestive disorders, including inflammatory bowel disease, pancreas and bile duct disorders, liver failure, and impaired gastrointestinal motility
- Excellent quality of life opportunity in a collegial, cooperative environment
- Teach Emory medical students and internal medicine residents on rotation at EUHM
- Clinical trials are available using existing Emory School of Medicine infrastructure
- Emory University Hospital Midtown is nationally and regionally ranked (US News & World Report)
- Emory University is ranked the No. 22 Best College in the nation
\n Community Information: Work in Highly Desirable Atlanta
Live?and work in Atlanta, Georgia, offering a sprawling cityscape?and suburbs with every amenity and?endless?opportunities?to enjoy the outdoors.??Atlanta, the eighth largest metropolitan area in America, has been named a Best Place to Live and a Best Place to Retire by US News
- Atlanta has an overall grade of A and is one of the best places to live in Georgia (Niche)
- Named the No. 1 Most Livable City in the US (The Economist, 2022)
- Named the No. 3 Best City to Start a Career (WalletHub, 2022)
- Some of the top public and private schools in the state??
- An abundance of outdoor recreation in the gorgeous surrounding scenery??
- Ample first-class amenities, including the world s busiest international airport, incredible dining and shopping options, arts and cultural attractions, college and professional sports teams??
- Charming neighborhoods, incredibly scenic surroundings, and a temperate climate?
- Cost of living is lower than in many major US cities ?
\nThe Division of Digestive Diseases supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) led by the DEI committee. The DEI Committee was established to promote an environment of cultural awareness within the division. The committee is comprised of faculty, fellows, and staff across the department. The mission of the DEI Committee is to support efforts to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals of all ethnicities. The committee shall accomplish this by increasing underrepresented minority representation amongst the faculty and fellows through various recruitment and retention efforts. It also strives to incorporate education around the importance of cultural diversity within its academic curriculum, including focused lectures and grand rounds conferences on racial sensitivity and bias training. Additionally, the committee collaborates with hospital leadership on university-wide initiatives focused on diversity and inclusion. Facility Location
With its alluring charm and energetic buzz, Atlanta beckons newcomers from near and far. Part Southern belle, part economic powerhouse, the capital of Georgia is a favorite destination for travel nurses in search of career-boosting assignments, while the city s numerous entertainment options and warm Southern hospitality make it a great place to call home.Job BenefitsAbout the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Internal Medicine, Gastroenterologist, Gastroenterology, Digestive Track, Digestive, Gastrointestine, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md