Gastroenterology/Sign On Bonus $100,000 Grand Rapids, MI MD/DO
University of Michigan Health West is seeking a board certified/board eligible Gastroenterologist to join an innovative, collaborative environment. High caliber, quality focused, innovative providers should apply to join our GI team in effort to expand and provide care to local communities in West Michigan. Michigan Medicine and University of Michigan Health systems create an opportunity for program collaboration and continued professional growth if desired.
Provider will be performing full spectrum of outpatient and inpatient gastroenterology services to support a sub-specialized practice including general GI, Advanced Endoscopy, Colorectal Surgery, Hepatology, IBD visits. Candidate will need to coordinate and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to ensure a positive experience for all patients, families, and staff.
MISSION, VISION, VALUES and CUSTOMER PROMISE
- MISSION: We are relentlessly advancing health to serve West Michigan.
- VISION: Our innovations change care. Our care changes lives.
- VALUES: Our values reflect our heritage and the legacy of all we ve accomplished in the past and will build in the future. Caring, innovation, inclusion, integrity, teamwork
- CUSTOMER PROMISE: I will bring compassion and excellence to everything that I do.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN HEALTH-WEST:
- Comprehensive; multi-disciplinary specialty care service line
- Current group includes 7 Physicians and 7 APPs
- General GI, Advanced Endoscopy, Colorectal Surgery, Hepatology, IBD
- Health system employed medical group model, offering a highly market competitive compensation plan
- Extensive Primary Care referral sources
- Specialty service referral network if needed serving much of the West Michigan region and Lake Michigan shoreline
- Available to work extended hours (including some weekends)
- Confident in providing virtual care when appropriate
- Full benefit package
- Malpractice coverage
- CME/Paid Time Off
- Partnering team of colleagues
University of Michigan Health-West serves more than 250,000 patients annually from across West Michigan and beyond. In addition to a 208-bed hospital and Level II Trauma Center, which provides a comprehensive suite of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services, University of Michigan Health-West has a growing number of neighborhood outpatient centers and offices throughout West Michigan. The University of Michigan Health Partners group aims to provide an innovative culture of inclusion and diversity in the work setting; along with a progressive work-life integration focus to achieve the best possible patient outcomes. Medical education is a key cornerstone to our continued innovation at UMHW, offering seven different residency programs and one fellowship program to over 80 learners. With more than 500 physicians on staff, University of Michigan Health-West provides a strategic roadmap of growth in all areas of the integrated healthcare system. Specifically, continued growth in our Heart and Vascular care, Neurosciences, Cancer Care and Orthopedics; partnered with continued growth of a very strong primary care team has allowed UMHW to become the premier healthcare institution in the region and a regional referral center for care. Ranked as one of the "Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" in West Michigan and the nation, a modern medical group governance structure allows UMHW to best drive quality and clinical outcomes, experience and innovation, technology, finance, operations, and compensation. UMHP/UMH-West is proud to serve a diverse patient population; with that, the ideal candidate for this position would have experience working with culturally diverse patients and be fluent in any of the following languages: English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Nepali and Bosnian.COMMUNITY FEATURES:
- University of Michigan affiliated hospital system
- Located in beautiful West Michigan
- 15 minutes from Gerald R. Ford International Airport
- Approximately 35 minutes from Lake Michigan
- Safest City in Michigan Wallet Hub
- Michigan s second largest city with a population of 1.4 million
- Regional growth of 2.1% outpacing national averages.
- #1 Best places to raise a family in the United States Rocket Homes
- #3 Best Business Climate Business Facilities
- #11 Most affordable place to live in the United States US News and World Report
- #16 Best places to live in the United States- US News and World Report
- #18 Best places to live in the US for quality of life US News and World Report
- Beer City, USA
- Top 20 U.S. Foodie City
- Within 25 miles of the Lake Michigan shoreline home to many cozy beach towns
- The Gerald R. Ford International Airport is the second largest airport in Michigan and the 86th largest airport nationally, serving more than 2 million passengers annually.
- Increased diversity more than half of the past decade s population growth can be attributed to diverse groups.
- Grand Rapids is headquarters to many national and multi-national companies including Steelcase, Herman Miller, Haworth, Alticor (formerly Amway), Wolverine Worldwide, Meijer and Zondervan
- Affordable housing in both suburban and rural settings
- Supportive and diverse community with highly ranked public and private schools