Excellent Urology Opportunity
Louis A Johnson Clarksburg VAMC
VA physicians lead change toward greater progress in Veteran care spanning all areas of medicine. With access to state-of-the-art technologies and pioneering research opportunities, they challenge the boundaries of health care to develop innovative treatment options that improve patient outcomes. VA fosters excellence thru mentorship, leadership, and educational programs, giving physicians the tools, they need to serve Veterans best.
The Louis A Johnson Clarksburg VAMC is looking for a Urologist to join our team. The VA offers unparalleled benefits for physicians that can give you career satisfaction that you won t find anywhere else. The Clarksburg VA is small enough to connect with the patients but big enough to still have some of the newest equipment available. At the Clarksburg VA, our health care teams are deeply experienced and guided by the needs of Veterans, their families, and caregivers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Practice the full scope of General Urology clinical care
- Develop patient treatment plans
- Provide on-call coverage
- Establish and support professional working relationships with clinical service providers within the medical center, outpatient clinics (OPCs) and the community-based outpatient clinics (CBOCs)
Here are a few of the benefits for working at the Clarksburg VAMC:
- Excellent compensation Based on your qualifications, you will receive an excellent base salary with biennial market pay raises & annual cost of living pay raises
- Sign-on incentive available An incentive will be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
- Student Loan Forgiveness (EDRP) - Up to $200,000 in student loan reimbursement available Up to $40,000 per year for up to 5 years
- Excellent daily work schedule Monday thru Friday 8:00 am 4:30 pm
- Generous time away from practice 26 days of annual leave, 13 annual sick days and 11 paid federal holidays
- Insurance Federal health / vision / dental / term life / long-term care available
- Annual CME allowance with 5 days for attending CME events
- Malpractice Insurance Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) with up to 5% in VA matching contributions
- Qualify for defined federal pension after 5 years of federal service
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives (Sign-on Bonus): Available for well-qualified applicants
EDRP Authorized: This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org , the EDRP Coordinator for questions/assistance. Learn more.
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement) Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement (must be full-time with board certification)
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract.
Clarksburg/Bridgeport, WV is an economically strong and vibrant community, as it is home to government and private enterprises that includes the FBI, energy, aerospace, and health care. Located less than two hours south of Pittsburgh, PA, and within easy driving distance of several mid-Atlantic and Midwest cities, Clarksburg/Bridgeport offers residents the best of small-town America with the top-ranked high school in the state according to Niche.com. This North Central West Virginia community offers ease of access to incredible recreational opportunities, with West Virginia earning accolades from Cond Nast Traveler and Time magazine as one of the best places to travel.