University of Kentucky seeks an Assistant Professor of Medicine/Interventional Cardiologist in Lexington, KY to:
- Function as a full-time member of the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine;
- Participate actively in the academic program of the division by sharing in teaching obligations of medical students, residents and fellows;
- Perform didactic lectures in a classroom setting;
- Provide clinical care for patients in ambulatory and hospital-based setting with outreach programs of the Linda and Jack Gill Heart Institute;
- Support and participate in clinical trial research. perform coronary interventional procedures using catheter-based diagnosis and treatment of heart diseases;
- Serve as director of Cardiac Catheterization laboratory;
- Perform percutaneous complex cardiac structural (non-coronary) interventions as a means to avoid open heart surgery;
- Perform mechanical circulatory support device placement for patients in cardiogenic shock;
- Performs ultrasonic thrombolysis for patients with massive pulmonary emboli;
- Manages patients in intensive care unit; Provides services to adults (not pediatric patients).
This position requires a M.D., D.O. or foreign equivalent, board certified in Internal Medicine, board eligible/board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, board eligible/board certified in Interventional Cardiology, eligible for Kentucky State Medical License.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Given the COVID-19 pandemic, and the need to protect our university community including our students, staff, faculty and visitors, the University of Kentucky is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires prior to starting employment. Therefore, as of October 18, 2021, all new hires prior to their first day of employment must submit appropriate documentation showing, i) completion of the first vaccination against COVID-19, or ii) completion of the full vaccination series against COVID-19, or iii) approved exemption (medical contraindications or a sincerely held religious belief) through the formal exemption process from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For those employees who have completed the first vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, the second vaccination (if applicable) must be completed following the vaccination recommended schedule to be considered fully vaccinated.
Travel to multiple worksites in Fayette County, KY, Franklin County, KY and Rockcastle County, KY.
Qualified candidates submit resumes to: email@example.com.