Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Rheumatology Opportunity: Clinician Educator
Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks a BC/BE Rheumatologist to join an established team of physicians providing comprehensive care in a collaborative outpatient and inpatient rheumatology practice.
- Provide consultative, diagnostic, and therapeutic services in the treatment of rheumatic diseases
- Join a collaborative team of 5 rheumatologists with advanced practitioner support.
- Will be involved in teaching rheumatology fellows, medical students, and residents. Our new rheumatology fellowship started in July 2022.
- Hospital consult service with fellows 1:4 weeks (Monday-Friday afternoons)
- Call: outpatient practice call 1:7 weeks (average 1-4 calls/week usually handled by phone from home), inpatient emergency call 1:4 weeks/weekends with fellow support (usually no calls most weeks/weekends)
- Excellent musculoskeletal ultrasound capability in clinic with ultrasound suite and portable machines, with four rheumatologists certified in musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Academic rank with University of South Carolina School of medicine commensurate with experience.
- Competitive salary
- Paid Relocation and Malpractice with tail coverage
- Professional allowance
- Generous benefits including retirement, health, dental and vision coverage.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employer
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Columbia is the state capital with a diverse population and a large selection of cultural amenities due to the University of South Carolina. In addition to having an affordable cost of living, it is very family friendly with good schools, a revitalized downtown, nationally ranked zoo and children`s museums. Outdoor activities are a premium due to its rivers, 650 miles of Lake Murray shoreline and state and national parks within 30-minute drives.
Prisma Health is an equal opportunity employer which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.