Job Description & Requirements
Academic Endocrinologist in Kentucky
The Department of Internal Medicine within the College of Medicine at the University of Kentucky is seeking a BE or BC new graduate or experienced endocrinologist to serve as an attending physician at our endocrinology clinic. The Endocrinology Division provides consultative services and clinical care in the ambulatory setting for all endocrine diagnoses. The division also has an inpatient consultation team and a team of diabetes educators that provide necessary clinical education in inpatient and ambulatory settings. Opportunity Highlights
Community Information Live in Beautiful Lexington, Kentucky
- A general faculty/clinician-educator role is available due to division growth.
- Join 10 other faculty members in the clinic and enjoy a robust support system and multiple specialists who offer comprehensive endocrine and diabetes care.
- An ambulatory (outpatient) clinic, Monday to Friday, 8 to 5 schedule with 2 half days of admin time.
- Inpatient endocrine and diabetes consultations are divided amongst clinical faculty.
- Flexible scheduling accommodates teaching, research, clinical trials, and the opportunity to speak at grand rounds, conferences, symposiums, etc.
- Teaching opportunities with medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Excellent benefits package includes 22 days of PTO, 4 additional bonus holidays, loan assistance, and educational discounts for you and your family.
Known as the "Horse Capital of the World," Lexington, Kentucky, is a charming small city offering genuine hospitality that will help you feel right at home as soon as you arrive. The city is a cultural center in the heart of Bluegrass Country, filled with numerous historical, natural, and cultural attractions to explore and enjoy. Home to a remarkable university with exciting NCAA sporting events, Lexington is perfect for families and individuals.
Job BenefitsAbout the Company
- Overall grade of A and named one of the best places to live in Kentucky (Niche)
- Affordable cost of living
- Some of the best public and private schools in the state
- A safe, walkable downtown area with plenty of day and nightlife activities
- Gorgeous scenery and an abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, camping, golfing, and horseback riding
- Convenient access to Louisville (home of the Kentucky Derby), Cincinnati, and Nashville
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Endocrinologist, Endocrine System, Endocrine, Diabetes, Metabolism, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md