Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details: Neurohospitalists - Hartford Hospital
BE PART OF SOMETHING MOREThe Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare (HHC)
is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders. Our specialists span the areas of vascular neurology, neuro-oncology, neuromuscular, movement disorders, epilepsy, headache and pain management, cognitive neurology, neurosurgery, neurocritical care and general neurology.
Hartford Hospital (Hartford, CT) is an 867 bed tertiary care academic medical center and Joint-Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center/Stroke Gold Plus achievement award winner.NEUROHOSPITALIST OPPORTUNITIES:
- 24 weeks of inpatient coverage per year, coverage being defined as a full week 7 AM Monday - 7 AM Monday, including a share of evening call coverage
- Inpatient services include attending coverage on the general neurology service, or neurology consult service (or some combination of the above)
- Examine, diagnose, manage, and treat patients with a variety of neurological disorders
- Provide inpatient consultation for neurology patients
- Provide hands-on clinical supervision and teaching for our residents, students, fellows, and advance practice providers
- Teaching responsibilities may include teaching medical students and residents on bedside rounds for the consult and inpatient services.
- Actively participate in neurology didactic sessions, attendance at Grand Rounds and other teaching lectures as appropriate
- Participates in monthly Neurohospitalist Lecture Series
- May participate in other activities such as clinical research, quality improvement, patient experience initiatives, resident and faculty interviews, and lectures to professional or public audiences - as agreed upon with the faculty member and the Chief of Neurology.
- Collaborate and communicate with other Neurologists and members of the hospital staff such as medicine hospitalists and attendings on other services, including a variety of ICUs
- Evaluate and provide consultations and/or management for patients in the Hartford Hospital ED and the Observation Unit
This opportunity is available for BC/BE Neurologists. HHC offers highly competitive compensation, including incentives, one of the finest benefits offerings in the northeast including generous paid time off and retirement plans, robust academic and research opportunities, and access to the Physician Leadership Development Institute.
Located just 2 hours from New York and Boston, we are in the heart of New England and have nationally acclaimed schools in stunning communities with vibrant urban and suburban areas, cultural activities, sports, and easy access to New England beaches and ski resorts. Choose to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger's "Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family" or Travel & Leisure's "Coolest suburb in America". So you will love heading to work and heading home.
BE PART OF SOMETHING MORE!If you are interested in learning more about any of these opportunities, please contact HHC's Neuroscience Recruiter: Clayton.Tebbetts@hhchealth.orgQualifications