Reading Hospital is seeking a Board-Certified OB/GYN Physician to join a well-established and very collegial OB/GYN practice, OB/GYN Wyomissing, in Berks County, southeastern Pennsylvania serving its patients and community for over 60 years. The new physician would be joining a very collaborative staff of 7 Physicians and 6 Advanced Practitioners, with flexible hours and a ready-made robust patient panel. Department leadership fosters growth in specific areas of interest; research & academic opportunities are available. Reading Hospital has a long-established Ob/Gyn Residency Program and Reading Hospital is also the Branch Campus for Drexel University College of Medicine.
Reading Hospital is a 714-bed hospital, the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health located in West Reading, Pennsylvania. Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex, McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department, Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). With more than 1,000 physicians and providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is listed as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for five consecutive years, America's 50 Best Hospitals for 2022 and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row.
Tower Health & Drexel University College of Medicine have partnered to open a brand-new medical school 1/2 miles from the Reading Hospital campus. The medical school opened in July 2021; when fully operational, the medical school will enroll 200 medical students.
About Tower Health
Tower Health is a regional integrated healthcare system that offers compassionate, high-quality, leading-edge healthcare and wellness services to communities in Berks, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. With approximately 11,500 employees, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia, in partnership with Drexel University. Tower Health is strongly committed to academic medicine and training, including multiple residency and fellowship programs, the Drexel University College of Medicine at Tower Health, and the Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading. The system also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; home healthcare provided by Tower Health at Home; TowerDirect ambulance and emergency response; Tower Health Medical Group; Tower Health Providers, our clinically integrated network; and 25 Tower Health Urgent Care facilities across our service area. For more information, visit towerhealth.org .
Reading Hospital Awards and Recognition:
- America's 50 Best Hospitals Award (2022-2023)
- America's 100 Best Hospitals Award (2017-2022)
- One of 10 Best Value Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- Top 1 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
- S. News & World Report Names Reading Hospital a High Performing Hospital for Maternity
- Reading Hospital Named 8 Best Hospital in Pennsylvania by U.S. News & World Report
- Reading Hospital Recognized on Newsweek's World's Best Hospitals (92 nd ) 2021 List
- Reading Hospital Recognized for Excellence in Lactation Care
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Committee on Stereotactic Breast Biopsy for Mammotest
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- A very supportive and collaborative staff of 7 physicians and 6 advanced practitioners
- Ability to build an immediate and robust patient panel with OB patients (over 3500 births/year)
- Ability to see 24-32 patients a day
- Flexible schedule: 4-10 hour days or 5-8 hour days
- Collegial environment which fosters growth and specific area of interest (Uro Gyn, Robotics, etc.)
- Physician will participate in GYN Beeper Call and Office OB Doctor of the Day in equal share with physicians with the practice location.
- Active participation in a Collaborative Care Model for in-house coverage of Labor & Delivery in participation with all Women's Health Service providers.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plans with employer automatic contribution and match
- Claims-made malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Up to $100K in Educational Loan Assistance
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- CME paid time off and monetary allowance
- Relocation assistance
- H1B visas and green card sponsorship (we cannot currently support J1 visa waivers)
- Spousal / domestic partner job search support
Living in Berks County - From Reading Fellows (Video)
Berks County Living Website
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, part of Berks County, Pennsylvania. This is an area that offers many wonderful places to live and raise a family. Berks County is 1 hour northwest of Philadelphia and within driving distance of other major metropolitan areas like Baltimore and New York City, offering an easy chance to get away for some big city excitement.
- MD or DO
- Licensed to practice medicine in Pennsylvania
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Obstetrics/Gynecology