The Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is seeking Complex Fetal Care candidates for an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor position in either the tenure or non-tenure track.
What we re offering
- A well-balanced combination of clinical care of high-risk patients (consultation, genetics, prenatal diagnosis/treatment), an AIUM-certified obstetrical ultrasound unit, teaching (students, residents, MFM fellows), community outreach, and extensive research opportunities.
- Penn State Health is home to the Complex Fetal Care Center (CFCC)-a multidisciplinary collaborative center dedicated to the care of pregnant patients with fetal medical and surgical conditions.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine works closely with pediatric subspecialties such as surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, neurology and neurosurgery, urology and palliative care to create comprehensive, individualized patient care and delivery plans for this high-risk patient population.
- Penn State Health has the only level IV NICU in the region, enabling us to care for the highest risk mothers and infants under one roof.
- Penn State Health has a large referral base and catchment area providing a broad range of high-risk patients. With our supportive departmental and institutional leadership, it is easy to develop the subspecialty niche of your choice here in central Pennsylvania.
- Join growing team of six-member division where each member is encouraged to explore their specific interests and passions within the specialty of Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
- ACGME/ABOG accredited Fellowship Program in Maternal-Fetal Medicine and AIUM certified obstetrical ultrasound unit
- D., D.O., or equivalent degree
- Candidates must be BC/BE in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Competence in fetal therapy, such as percutaneous umbilical blood sampling and placement of fetal shunts.
- Strong consideration given to candidates with competence in laser therapy for twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome interested in starting a laser program.
- Commitment to patient care, education, and research
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- Must be able to obtain valid federal and state narcotics certificate
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package with guaranteed salary
- Eligible for bonus in first year of employment
- Generous benefits including relocation assistance, PSLF and malpractice insurance
- CME allowance and time
- Vacation time, Paid Parental and Medical Leave
- Excellent public schools with many ranking in the top 100 in the state.
- Central PA offers vibrant urban areas surrounded by small town rural/suburban communities which affords exceptional cultural opportunities including the Harrisburg Symphony, museums, farmers markets and fine dining.
- For the outdoor enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking - Appalachian Trail and many other trails, biking, boating/rowing - Susquehanna River, skiing, and hunting - surrounded by state game lands.
- Located within a short train ride or drive to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore.
- Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties of Pennsylvania. Our mission is to improve health through patient care, research, education and community outreach.
- In addition, Penn State Health has 126 practices in 94 unique outpatient locations. It employs more than 17,500 people, including more than 3,000 physicians and direct care providers.
- Penn State College of Medicine is located on the campus of the Milton S. Hershey Center and partners with Penn State Health to improve lives through research and education.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.