Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona is actively seeking candidates with a career interest in academic critical care medicine to join our multidisciplinary intensivist team at Chandler Regional Medical Center in Chandler, AZ and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center in Gilbert, AZ.
The East Valley Intensivist Group is a multidisciplinary critical care group, consisting of a diverse range of academic backgrounds providing a high acuity level of ICU care in an academic setting. Opportunities for intensivists board certified / board eligible from Internal Medicine Critical Care, Internal Medicine Pulmonary Critical Care, Anesthesia Critical Care, and Emergency Medicine Critical Care are all welcome to apply.
Chandler Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is a full-service acute care hospital with 100+ intensive care beds located just outside of downtown Phoenix. The hospital has approximately 78,000 emergency department annual visits and is the busiest Level 1 trauma center in the state of Arizona, with over 5000 trauma activations annually. It is also a primary stroke center, high volume neurosurgery center, and provides high acuity cardiovascular and cardiac surgery services. Critical care services are provided in house, 24 hours a day, by attending intensivists.
Mercy Gilbert Medical Center is a full-service 197-bed community hospital located east of Chandler. It is one of the busiest L&D sites in the state and sees approximately 49,000 annual ED visits. A new joint-venture between Phoenix Children s Hospital and CommonSpirit Health will be opening, providing high-risk obstetric services. Critical care services are provided in house, 24 hours a day, by attending intensivists.
- Clinical responsibilities include working within a critical care team model comprised of residents, advanced practice providers, pharmacists, nutritionists, PT/OT and palliative care. Our various practice settings include training and education of our Internal Medicine and Family Practice residents; while other settings have a more non-teaching, clinical focus.
- Patient population includes critical medical, surgical, cardiovascular, thoracic, and neuro critical care patients.
- VV and VA ECMO program, launched in 2022. This intensivist-led mechanical circulatory support program includes management of circuits and cannulation by the intensivist. Experience with ECMO in fellowship or practice is greatly preferred.
- Strong clinical research program to complement the interests of both academic and non-academic intensivists.
- Opportunities for Pulmonary physicians include a dedicated pulmonary inpatient consult service, outpatient pulmonary clinic, and modern procedural suites. EBUS experience preferred, but not required.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Critical Care Medicine
- Candidates will be expected to be proficient with standard intensive care procedures (advanced airway management, ACLS coverage for the hospital, central lines, dialysis lines, arterial lines, chest tubes, bronchoscopy, etc.)
- ECMO experience is preferred, but not required
- Must obtain Arizona state medical licensure prior to starting in the position
- Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits
- Opportunity to mentor medical students and residents
- Competitive salary with annual incentive and extra shift potential
- Paid physician time away
- CME allowance with 5 CME days off
- Generous benefits package that includes an employer-funded pension plan as well as employer-matched 403b
- Health insurance, malpractice insurance, group disability insurance
- The position will include a faculty appointment with the Creighton University School of Medicine
- Relocation allowance for applicable physicians
- 501c3 organization, eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (as of 2023)