Rochester Regional Health has strong forward-thinking leadership, and is one of America s most progressive and collaborative health systems. It is the third largest health system in the state. We offer you an enriching opportunity to practice at a fully integrated health system, which focuses on delivering high quality, personalized care using a comprehensive and multi-disciplinary team approach in thoracic surgery. Rochester Regional Heath system encompasses 8 local hospitals in the region, providing the thoracic surgery practice with outpatient referrals and inpatient transfers from a wide geographic area.
The Rochester Regional Health is seeking a General Thoracic Surgeon to join our established practice.
This position encompasses the full scope of a general thoracic surgery practice, including benign and malignant diseases of the lungs, esophagus/foregut, airway, chest wall, diaphragm, pleura and the mediastinum. The surgeons have several weekly block time access to Da Vinci Xi robotic platform, Monarch robotic navigational bronchoscopy system, and a full team of PAs/NPs. Rochester Regional Health promotes a friendly and inclusive work environment, and fosters collaboration with talented and dynamic colleagues across the health care system.
The system has a robust lung cancer screening program, interventional pulmonology team, gastroenterology team with advanced endoscopy skills, and comprehensive cancer care at Lipson Cancer Institute. The ideal candidate will have many opportunities for program building, research, teaching based on career aspirations and growth.
Status: Full Time
Location: Rochester Regional Health
Department: Sands-Constellation Heart Institute, Division of Thoracic Surgery
- Comprehensive general thoracic surgery program including benign and malignant diseases of the lungs, esophagus/foregut, airway, chest wall, diaphragm, pleura and the mediastinum.
- Multidisciplinary disease specific programs
- Physician-led practice with comprehensive administrative support
- Must have minimally invasive surgical skills
- Work in a collaborative environment
- Highly trained new graduate, or proven track record of delivering high quality care
- Clinical experience within the U.S. or Canada
- Board certified/board eligible for American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Valid and unrestricted license to practice in the state of New York or eligibility to obtain a New York medical license
- Strong desire to build and expand thoracic surgery program as a team
- Competitive above market guaranteed base salary with a quality incentive
- Large referral base among our 8 hospitals in the third largest health system in New York State
- One of the busiest emergency departments with more than 250,000 visits per year
- CME and generous vacation time
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan, 403(b) and 457(b)
- Signing bonus
- Fully covered relocation services
Rochester was ranked the 3rd best place to live in New York and as the 26th best place to live among the 150 most populous metro areas in the United States. The Rochester area feature excellent public and private schools, and a variety of housing options. As the third-largest city in New York State, Rochester offers diverse cultural as well as easy access to travel! The area also offers recreational opportunities year-round with the Finger Lakes, the Adirondacks, and surrounding ski-resorts and state parks. The Greater Rochester area boasts a thriving food, brewery, and winery culture, exceptional college and universities and is one of the top golf destinations in America.