Palliative Care Physician
Queens/New Hyde Park/Brooklyn
Established group is seeking a Palliative Care Physician to join an expanding sub-specialty practice with academic affiliation.
As a Palliative Care Physician, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive medical care to patients with life-limiting illnesses. You will work in collaboration with the patient's primary care physician and interdisciplinary healthcare team to manage the symptoms and maximize the quality of life of the patient.
- Conduct initial and ongoing assessments of patients with life-limiting illnesses to determine their medical needs and develop individualized palliative care plans.
- Prescribe and manage medications to control pain and other symptoms, and adjust treatment plans as necessary.
- Provide emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families, and assist them in making end-of-life decisions.
- Coordinate care with other healthcare professionals, such as social workers, chaplains, and hospice nurses.
- Communicate effectively with patients and their families to provide education and support throughout the palliative care process.
- Maintain accurate medical records and documentation, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Medical degree (MD or DO) from an accredited institution.
- Board certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine or eligibility to become board-certified.
- State medical license or eligibility for licensure.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in palliative care, including symptom management and end-of-life care.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team collaboration skills.
For immediate consideration, please forward CV to: tfolliero@ smmadvertising.com. An EOE.