Provides clinical, educational, academic, and administrative service activities for the Department of Radiology.ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
The individual occupying this position reports directly to the Chair and works cooperatively with other faculty, department staff and other radiology stakeholders. Organization Details
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in the heart of a bustling and diverse Midwest metro area at a new $550m academic medical center.
- Join a department of 32 academic radiologists, recognized for its focus on lifelong learning and friendly collaboration.
- Work with and teach 28 radiology residents - this program is renowned for fostering clinical excellence and hands-on learning/
- Work with state-of-the-art Siemens CT (7 total, including dual-energy) and MRI systems (1.5T and 3T).
1. CLINICAL ACTIVITES
Responsible for clinical neuroradiology services, accessible and available to referring physicians, technologists & clerical staff. Maintains good working relationships with peers, as well as with technical and clerical staff. Provides quality services as demonstrated by accuracy of diagnoses and compliance with ACR Documentation Standard. Works cooperatively with other members of neuroradiology section to ensure a high standard of patient care services. Position Details
- 1.0 FTE
- Monday through Friday; 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Rotating Night and Weekend call
- Competitive salary , commensurate with experience, plus additional bonus potential
- Strong benefit package
- 40 days of PTO per year
2. EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
Provides teaching services for residents and medical students. Assists with the development of curriculum, teaching methods, and evaluation documents. Maintains good working relationships with learners, provides them with direct feedback, as indicated, and completes and submits evaluations in a timely fashion. Presents lectures and case reviews to residents and medical students.
3. ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
Develops written materials such as articles, book chapters, reviews, editorials and/or provides service to a professional journal. Participates in individual and cooperative research and academic projects with faculty and serves as a mentor for learners. This may include unfunded research as well as development and submission of grant applications or assisting with research efforts of other radiology faculty or other departments.
4. ADMINISTRATIVE / SERVICE ACTIVITIES
Participates constructively at departmental meetings, helping to identify and solve problems. Serves on Departmental, Hospital, and University Committees, as requested. Assists with the process of recruiting faculty. Makes phone calls, writes letters, and/or meets with prospective candidates to promote department and provide information. After hire, assists with orientation for new faculty, as requested. Participates in local, regional and/or national organizations and meetings related to specialty area.