Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport & Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center- Shreveport seek Plastic Surgeon candidates for a full-time faculty position at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor level. Candidates must be BE/BC in plastic surgery and be eligible for Louisiana licensure. Experience or training in breast reconstruction is desirable.
- Work in a tertiary care hospital serving an urban and rural population of approximately 2.5 million, encompassing 25,000 square miles in Louisiana, East Texas, and Southwestern Arkansas.
- Academic & Community practice involving patient care, resident, and medical student education, and clinical and/or basic science research.
Highlights of the Position and Campus:
- LSU Health Shreveport is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies, and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Strategic partnership with Ochsner Health System, the largest health system in Louisiana
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient
- Opportunity for physician leadership and input at all levels of administration, in the hospital and the medical school
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans
Shreveport is in the northwest corner of Louisiana, 15 miles from Texas, and 185 miles directly east of Dallas on Interstate 20. Shreveport and its sister city across the Red River (Bossier City) have a population of just over 250,000. City amenities include a full-time symphony orchestra, minor league sports, riverfront aquarium, the American Rose Center, a full calendar of riverfront arts and music festivals, and much more. We enjoy the ambience of a smaller city and the resources of many larger metropolitan areas. The low cost of living, pleasant climate, and excellent schools make Shreveport a wonderful place to raise a family.