Lexington Surgery, and employed group within Lexington Medical Center’s Network of Care is seeking an Acute Care Surgeon to join our team of 6 highly skilled Acute Care General Surgeons in a collaborative and congenial environment committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence and service.
Lexington Medical Center is a 607-bed acute care hospital network in West Columbia, South Carolina. The network includes five community medical centers, an occupational health facility, the largest skilled nursing facility in the Carolinas, an Alzheimer's care center, over 70 physician practices and more than 400 employed physicians.
Lexington Medical Center has a Level III Trauma Center designation by the state of South Carolina and tracking for ACS Level III verification. LMC is one of the top surgical centers in the region performing more than 17,000 surgeries each year. Our medical center is accredited to perform, and experienced in, some of the most complex surgical procedures. Our state-of-the-art digital surgical suites are equipped with the advanced surgical navigation and O-arm surgical imaging systems.
- BC/BE General Surgeon
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Certification
- Compliance with all ACS Mandated Trauma CME Requirements
- Practice evidence-based urgent/emergent general surgery and trauma coverage
- Surgeon will work 14 shifts in a 28-day timeframe. Shift will include rounding on inpatients, new consults and urgent/emergent cases in the OR. No phone calls or rounds on “off shift”
- Practice solely as an inpatient Acute Care Surgeon, without clinic responsibilities
- The Acute Care Surgery service is a part of a collaborative General Surgery service line; made up of 2 Colorectal Surgeons/10 General Surgeons/3Bariatric Surgeons/1 Surgical Oncologist/1 Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon.
- 24/7 PA/NP assistance with running the service
- Group provides exclusive on-call coverage of emergent, acute issues for inpatients and triage follow-up care for outpatients
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits for our employees and their families. Competitive Day ONE Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement and Savings Plans with No Vesting Period
- 24/7 Live Epic EMR Support from Our On-site Team
- Relocation Assistance and Sign On Bonus
- Annual CME Allowance
- Tail Coverage for Medical Malpractice
- Life, Accidental, and Critical Illness Insurance
- Employer Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability (after 90 days)
- Healthcare FSA
- Daycare FSA
- 529 College Savings Plans
- Adoption Assistance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Affordable Cost of Living
- Close proximity to beautiful Lake Murray
- Family friendly community, Home to some of the best school districts in the state
- Centrally located, driving distance to 7 major airports
- Annual average temperature is 68 degrees in December
- 1.5 hours from Charleston, 2 hours from Asheville
Lexington Medical Center is located near the capital city of Columbia, South Carolina, home to the University of South Carolina. Enjoy SEC Division I sporting events, top quality entertainment at the Colonial Life Arena and the Koger Center for the Arts, energetic nightlife in the Congaree Vista, or stroll Main Street during the Saturday morning Soda City Market. Its central location, favorable economic environment, cultural diversity, and recreation opportunities make the Columbia area an ideal place to work, live, and play.
Our mission is the same as it was when we opened our doors in 1971: to provide quality health services that meet the needs of our communities. We believe that commitment to the health of our community really makes a difference — and we show it every day. For more than 50 years we continue to service our community as a local, independent, nonprofit hospital.
For additional information, please contact Hollie Harmon at 803-936-7547; or email@example.com. To learn more about Lexington Medical Center please visit our facility websites at www.lexmed.com or www.lmcphysicians.com.