The Department of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery at Kaiser Permanente East Bay, which is part of The Permanente Medical Group, is currently seeking a board eligible/board certified Otolaryngologist who has or will complete a fellowship in sleep surgery. We are looking for someone who will continue to grow an already established sleep surgery practice. We have a multidisciplinary sleep clinic and we were the first center at Kaiser Permanente to start an Inspire program. The position is open to recent graduates as well as mid/later career candidates.
The ideal candidate is motivated and driven to work in an integrated health care system that focuses on providing unparalleled service and quality to our patients. The hired otolaryngologist will be a faculty member of the KP otolaryngology residency program, with affiliation with the Bernard J. Tyson KP School of Medicine. The individual will be involved in medical student and residency education and training. The individual will also participate in research mentorship, and scholarly and academic pursuits are encouraged.
There are currently 17 partners in our department, including 13 otolaryngologists and 4 maxillofacial surgeons. We also have 3 physician assistants and 10 residents. We have fellowship trained otolaryngologists in pediatrics, laryngology, head and neck oncology, rhinology, neurotology, and facial plastics. We are a tertiary care referral center for complex otolaryngology patients for Northern California KP. Because of this, we have an environment that fosters teamwork and collaboration among colleagues within the department and with other specialties.
Full-time annual salary range is $380,040 to $400,080 plus additional potential incentives up to $36,000*.
Reduced schedules with pro-rated compensation may be available.
*Some incentive opportunities are estimates based on potential premium pay.
Diversity is a core value in our department. We are committed to building and sustaining an inclusive, equitable, and diverse working and learning environment. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and exposes us to a broad range of ways of understanding and engaging with our patients and our colleagues.
A FEW REASONS TO CONSIDER A PRACTICE WITH TPMG:
- Work-life balance focused practice, including flexible schedules and unmatched practice support
- We can focus on providing excellent patient care without managing overhead and billing.
- We demonstrate our commitment to a culture of equity, inclusion, and diversity by hiring physicians that reflect and celebrate the diversity of people and cultures. We practice in an environment with patients at the center and deliver culturally responsive and compassionate care to member populations.
- Multi-specialty collaboration with a mission-driven integrated health care delivery model.
- An outstanding electronic medical record system that allows flexibility in patient management
- We have a very rich and comprehensive Physician Health & Wellness Program.
- We are Physician-led and develop our own leaders.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, mentorship, physician leadership, and community service.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental
- Moving allowance and home loan assistance - up to $250,000 (approval required)
- Malpractice and tail insurance
- Paid holidays, sick leave, education leave
- Shareholder track
- Three retirement plans, including pension
Nancy Jiang, MD
Chair, Department of Head and Neck Surgery
The Permanente Medical Group
Head and Neck Surgery East Bay
The Permanente Medical Group
Contact: Victor Ramirez 510-625-6281
For more information on our program and practice opportunities, apply online at northerncalifornia.permanente.org or please email your CV to: Victor.R.Ramirez@kp.org