Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, Louisiana is seeking a physician to serve as Medical Director of the Patient Flow Center. The ideal candidate must be board certified and should have 3-5 years of experience as a staff physician.
- Work as a front-line physician at Ochsner Health
- Develops PFC Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement processes
- Project development (examples: transfer delays, patient and provider experience, documentation, guidelines for safe transfers, etc )
- Develops and optimizes operational/logistical /informational workflows (examples: PFC RN-to-MD handoffs, MD-to-MD handoffs, new facility processes)
- Investigate escalations involving clinicians and patient outcomes
- Develops physician relationships and fosters collaboration across Ochsner Health
- Develop Service-Line and Diagnosis-Based Protocols
- Participates in PFC Peer Review Committee
- Participates in PFC Council
- Shares equitable PFC call responsibility
- Develops PFC metrics and reports
- Publication/presentation development
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 1,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner is proud to be recognized among the top hospitals in the nation. Ochsner is the only hospital in Louisiana recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital in three specialty categories and as well as receiving five star ratings for six conditions and/or procedures. Ochsner was also recognized by Becker s Hospital Review as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.