Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center- Shreveport s Division of Cardiology are seeking to recruit general Cardiology faculty with interest in teaching, clinical and translational research. These positions are available immediately. Appointment would be at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Successful candidates will be board certified or eligible. Competitive salary and fringe benefits commensurate with academic rank. Cardiology division is part of Center of Excellence for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences with opportunities for collaborative research involving basic science and clinical departments. Seed money is available to support research for candidates with demonstrated interest in basic or translational research.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Home to the only Level I Trauma center in the surrounding region, and one of only two in the state.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
- Emphasizes teaching and provides vitally important leadership and guidance to medical students and residents
- allows the opportunity to do either lab or clinical research.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans