Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport & Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center- Shreveport seek applicants in the Section of Hematology-Oncology. We are seeking a full-time physician at the Assistant or the Associate Professor level with an interest in Hematology, Lung, Breast and/or GI oncology. Great potential for administrative advancement. Applicants must qualify for a Louisiana license. BE/BC necessary.
Applicants would be expected to participate in all faculty activities, including medical student, house staff and fellowship teaching responsibilities; conduct research and publish findings in journals and make presentations at medical conferences; M.D. or equivalent. Faculty with Translational and/or Clinical Research interest is a plus. J1 waiver visa applicants are welcome.
Highlights of the Position:
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- Burgeoning health system with proven track record of success at growth in primary and specialty care.
- Integration with Ochsner Health to drive success in standardizing clinical care using evidence-based medicine, while stressing the maintenance of physician autonomy.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
- Emphasizes teaching and provides vitally important leadership and guidance to medical students and residents
- Allows the opportunity to do either lab or clinical research.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Malpractice insurance provided
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans
We Serve, Teach, Heal, Discover, Lead and Innovate
Shreveport is the third most populous city in Louisiana after New Orleans and Baton Rouge, respectively. It is located in Northwest Louisiana and has a population of 393,406. Shreveport is also part of the I-20 Cyber Corridor linking the tech-centered Dallas Fort Worth, Shreveport Bossier, Greater Monroe, and Greater Atlanta metropolitan areas together. The city of Shreveport is 188 miles from Dallas, Texas; 215 miles from Little Rock and 73 miles from Texarkana, Arkansas; and 250 miles from the state capital of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The city's proximity to the nearby cities makes it North Louisiana and the Ark-La-Tex's transportation hub.