Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center- Shreveport are seeking to recruit an Electrophysiologist in the Division of Cardiology. This faculty position joins a dynamic, growing academic program. The candidate will be responsible for a clinical practice focusing on EP patients in both the inpatient and outpatient settings and provide clinical instruction to students, residents and cardiovascular fellows. There is the opportunity for clinical, translational and outcomes research supported by competitive intra-mural funding. Candidates must be Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease with additional fellowship training and board certification/eligibility in Electrophysiology.
- Device Implantations
- Laser Lead Extractions
- Complex Ablations, including Impella-Supported Ventricular Tachycardia Ablations
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure
Highlights of the Position:
- Our health sciences center is home to the School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- The Center of Excellence for Cardiovascular Diseases and Sciences
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, Long-Term Disability, & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Multiple retirement options
We Serve, Teach, Heal, Discover, Lead and Innovate
Shreveport is the third most populous city in Louisiana after New Orleans and Baton Rouge, respectively. It is located in Northwest Louisiana and has a population of 393,406. Shreveport is also part of the I-20 Cyber Corridor linking the tech-centered Dallas Fort Worth, Shreveport Bossier, Greater Monroe, and Greater Atlanta metropolitan areas together. The city of Shreveport is 188 miles from Dallas, Texas; 215 miles from Little Rock and 73 miles from Texarkana, Arkansas; and 250 miles from the state capital of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The city's proximity to the nearby cities makes it North Louisiana and the Ark-La-Tex's transportation hub.