Ochsner Health Baton Rouge currently has a FULL-TIME opportunity for a Board-Certified/Board-Eligible PALLIATIVE MEDICINE PHYSICIAN to join its expanding team. Candidates must be board certified or board eligible through ABIM/HPM or HMD through AAHPM.
- Provide an extra layer of support to patients with serious illness
- Consults: in-patient and out-patient.
- Provide medical care related to symptom management.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team to develop a written plan of care.
- Develop and facilitates goals of care conversations for patients in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Actively participates in process improvement related to system and department goals.
- Participate in specialty team meetings.
- Serve as collaborating physician to advanced practice providers
- Staff inpatient hospital and outpatient clinic with advance practice providers and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- EPIC electronic health record system wide.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Benefits include an equitable and clearly delineated compensation plan
- Paid malpractice coverage and a favorable malpractice environment in Louisiana
- $50,000 Sign On Bonus
- Tax-free spending accounts
- Generous retirement benefits (401k, 403b, deferred compensation plans)
- CME allowance.
Ochsner Health is Louisiana s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Hospital across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.