As a Psychiatrist with Rochester Regional Health, you are shaping the future of mental healthcare in central and western New York and making the lives of our patients better; easier and healthier. At Rochester Regional Health you can define your career goals, lead others and do incredible work. Join us and be part of a health system that truly improves the lives of individual and communities. Take the opportunity to do something remarkable every single day.
STATUS: Full Time, Part Time
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
DEPARTMENT: Behavioral Health
- Will join a team of psychiatrists providing inpatient and emergency room psychiatric coverage to Clifton Springs Hospital and Newark Wayne Community Hospital.
- Includes Inpatient psychiatric coverage of a 20-bed unit shared with another psychiatrist.
- Case mix includes treatment of a significant percentage of psychotic disorders, severe mood disorders, and involuntary patients.
- Coverage is daytime shift Monday thru Friday.
- Scribe coverage for documentation in EMR is available if desired.
- Position is supported by team of social workers, nurses, patient care navigators and a family medicine physician.
- Applicant would be given opportunity to participate in call coverage of the inpatient unit and CPEP (psychiatric emergency room) on weekday nights and weekends for additional compensation. Weekday night call coverage is telephonic and weekend call is a mix of telephonic and in person.
Rochester has been ranked the 3rd best place to live in New York and as the 26th best place to live among the 150 most populous metro areas in the United States. The Rochester region's suburbs feature excellent public and private schools, and a variety of housing options. The Rochester region offers diverse cultural and recreational opportunities year-round, including the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, GeVa Theater Center, Rochester International Jazz Festival, as well as easy access to Manhattan, Boston, Washington, DC and Philadelphia, the Adirondacks and the Finger Lakes.