Benefis Health System, in Great Falls, Montana, is seeking a Neurosurgeon to join our team while we focus on succession planning to maintain excellent future neurosurgery programs at our level II trauma center. We currently employ 2 neurosurgeons who have spent the majority of their careers in our community and are looking to slow down, but maintain call, in addition to a per-diem neurosurgeon who participates in the call schedule.
- Cover only 1 hospital with 10 state-of-the-art operating rooms and DaVinci robotics
- Largest Emergency Department in the state of Montana 33 beds
- Hospital air ambulance program fixed wing jet and helicopter, completing over 1,100 flights annually
- Modern hospital floors including a 21 bed ICU with 24/7 Critical Care physician coverage, an Ortho-Neuro Wellness Unit and a robust hospitalist program
- Inpatient rehab unit with acute inpatient physiatry consults and beds devoted to TBI patients who participate in an established comprehensive program including outpatient therapies.
- Clinic is located within a 5-minute walk of the operating room and inpatient hospital floors and can be accessed by a skybridge
- Clinic hours are typically M-F, 8:00 5:00 pm, flexibility in schedule
- Excellent support staff including: RNs, CMAs, CNAs, and schedulers
- Call schedule is guaranteed 1:4
- Work in a medical group employing over 300 providers
Compensation and Benefits Competitive compensation structures with guaranteed salaries. Benefits include: generous CME fund, 8 week PTO/CME time off, malpractice coverage + tail, health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, as well as a 403B plan with 5% match and additional pre-tax savings programs for retirement.
Community Information Great Falls has a city population of 60,000, with a draw of over 275,000 people in north central Montana. We experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools and an average commute of under 12 minutes, making the quality of life in Great Falls unsurpassed in the Rocky Mountain West. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of town. Outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water& snow skiing, rock & ice climbing, boating, white-water kayaking, off-road motor sports, upland bird, waterfowl, and big-game hunting.
Benefis Health System This is your opportunity to be part of an exceptional health system in a state that is well known for its beautiful four seasons and outdoor lifestyle. While enjoying the last best place, you'll have the added benefit of having access to Benefis Health System, one of the state's most modern and progressive healthcare facilities with 500+ beds and over 300 members on medical staff representing 40 specialties. Our state-of-the-art facilities and cutting edge technologies make Benefis an exceptional working environment and one of the Best Places To Work in Healthcare 4 years in a row 2014 2019!