Job Description & Requirements
Academic Child Abuse Pediatrician in California
Here's your opportunity to provide expertise for those with suspected child maltreatment and neglect in an academic regional children's hospital and trauma center. UC Davis Children's Hospital seeks a Board-Certified/Board-Eligible Child Abuse Pediatrician. The successful candidate will lead an existing team of two physicians providing consultations for suspected child abuse and neglect in a busy regional pediatric center in Northern California. Opportunity Highlights
Community Highlights - Desirable Metro in Beautiful Northern California
- Perform hospital-based consultations; work collaboratively with local child abuse agencies, law enforcement, and district attorneys; provide expert testimony; participate in county death review committees, SCAN committees, case reviews, educational programs, and other child abuse-related activities; and provide training and supervision for residents, medical students, and other hospital staff.
- Provide medical leadership for the CAARE Center, a nationally recognized program for the psychological evaluation and treatment of child maltreatment as well as training of mental health providers in empirically based treatments such as PC-CARE. The Center provides patient care, teaching, research, and prevention services on behalf of abused and neglected children and those identified as high-risk.
- Provide leadership and help grow the CIRCLE Clinic, a medical home providing primary care services integrated with mental health and developmental-behavioral health assessments and linkages to specialty medical care and community services for children in foster care in Sacramento County.
- Join one of the only health systems in the region providing this level of coordinated care.
- Opportunities and support for research activities are available if interested
Sacramento, CA, offers a significantly lower cost of living than San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, and other parts of California. One of the state's most historic areas, California's capital city is filled with community events and activities and endless opportunities to experience adventure in the surrounding scenic nature.
Job BenefitsAbout the Company
- Sacramento is California's best place to live (Forbes 2023)
- Sacramento's cost of living is 40% lower than San Francisco's
- Remarkable housing options include access to a paid-for concierge service Capitol Resource Network for house hunting (https://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/capital-resource-network)
- Access to UC Davis Mortgage Origination Program once the appointment is final (https://frontdoor.ucdavis.edu/housing/mop)
- Access to plenty of big-city amenities, including a vibrant downtown area, professional sports, and an international airport
- Enjoy convenient proximity to Lake Tahoe, wine country, beaches, and the San Francisco Bay Area
- US News ranks California #5 in Best States for Healthcare and #10 in Economy
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.