Our Vision and Where You Fit In:
We are on a journey to be the BEST place to receive care and the BEST place to give care in the state of Virginia. This is what drives and motivates us, and if that vision resonates with you, then we want you to apply to be our partner. In just two years we have gone from a hospital leapfrog grade D to B and are less that one percentage point away from an A. This degree of rapid positive change is unheard of.
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, our practice offers high quality, team oriented medical care with good family time to experience the area and have good work-life balance. The strong hospitalist program admits all emergency room patients, and urology is a consult service. The hospital system strives to be the best in Virginia in both patient care and as a place to work; it has worked collaboratively with our practice over the years. There is also the potential for ownership interest in both surgery center and lithotripsy.
You Can Expect:
- Total Cash Comp $550-$575k plus litho truck income
- Vacation: 5.5 weeks
- Schedule of 4.5 days/wk: 3 clinic days, 1 Hospital OR day and a half-day OR at the surgery center
- 1:4 Call
- Access to multiple Da Vinci Xi systems
- Opportunity to increase block time in the OR as needed
- Strong relationship and support from Anesthesia team
- Hospitalist team covers admissions while Urology team serves as a consult service
- A seasoned team of 5 APPs and 4 MDs
- Cerner EMR
Effective mentorship is crucial for creating a well-balanced team. Our mentorship program includes a collegial-style approach where the successful candidate will work alongside other physicians in the practice. Patient and procedure volumes will gradually ramp up as the candidate feels comfortable. Even after full partnership integration, providers will have assistance from others for more complex cases. We believe that good mentorship, including structured mentorship programs, is important in retaining and promoting physicians especially as they transition from resident to full attending.
Seasoned APP & Nursing Support
Our APP team can see both new patient and established patient visits. There are imminent plans to utilize the APPs for Botox, Cystoscopies, and as a first assist in the OR. Our physicians participate in an interview process to find their own personal nurse to work alongside them in the office and as a result we have a very low nursing turnover rate.
Details on Physician Compensation & Benefits
- Total Cash Compensation of $550-$575k plus Litho truck income
- Additional Benefits Package will include:
- 403(b) and 457(b) tax deferred savings plan; Immediate vested employer contribution match
- Health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplemental)
- Production premiums
- Sign-on bonus
- CME - $7,500 with 5 days for CME in addition to
- Excess call pay
- Allowable Time off 224 hours or 5.5 weeks
- Up to 100k in student loan repayment
- Up to $10,000 in relocation assistance
- Opportunities for leadership and advancement including a partnership track.
- Strong support from executive leadership including physician leadership training programs and opportunities to lead the organization to become a zero harm institution
- As a nonprofit organization, Centra employees may qualify for the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
Centra Medical Group
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 5 regional medical centers, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today s healthcare marketplace.
Centra is continuing to grow, with plans to expand into a larger campus in the next few years. These plans include the construction of a new specialty office building, which will house the Brain and Spine programs along with other surgical specialists. In addition, a new 5-story patient care tower will house an additional 100 patients at Lynchburg General Hospital. The LGH ED will be replaced and incorporated as part of the new Northeast Tower. The new Emergency Department will include 71 treatment bays, five trauma bays and four imaging rooms. Enhancements will include a split flow model of care to expedite and enhance patient experience of care, an integrated EmPATH psychiatric patient space, super track/imaging/results lounge and improved connectivity and utilization of the ED observation unit. https://www.centrahealth.com/modernization-plan
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is a thriving city known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. It s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and Amtrack service, yet small enough to be free of traffic congestion and urban crime rates. Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. The multitude of trails surrounding the Peaks of Otter located off the Blue Ridge Parkway are perfect for those who enjoy camping and hiking. The Appalachian trail is one of these. The Lynchburg area provides a broad range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts community, and temperate weather.
Apply for Urology Physician
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert