Physician-Radiology - Women's Imager
- Banner Health
- Tucson, Arizona
- Closing date
- Mar 22, 2024
- Radiology / Imaging
- Full Time
- Position Type
In partnership with the University of Arizona, the Department of Medical Imaging at Banner - University Medicine Tucson is actively interviewing fellowship-trained mammography radiologist to join the Division of Breast Imaging. Appointment rank is commensurate with experience. We are seeking intellectually curious, team-oriented candidates who are excellent clinical Breast Imaging specialists and enthusiastic educators. Prospective candidates, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or full Professor will have an MD or DO degree, ABR Board certification in Diagnostic Radiology, and fellowship training in Breast Imaging. The candidate will be eligible for licensure in the State of Arizona. The ideal applicant will be a committed leader and have deep expertise in all aspects of Breast Imaging including screening and diagnostic mammography, breast ultrasound, MRI, and multimodality image-guided breast interventions. She or he will imbue growth-oriented and customer-focused mindsets along with a sense of stewardship to the Department of Medical Imaging, Banner University Medicine, and the University of Arizona College of Medicine. Candidates should possess experience and passion in caring for Breast Imaging patients, teaching, and supervising medical students, residents and fellows, and the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment. Fundamental to the position are the ability to deliver outstanding collaborative patient care.
- Contribute to a strong academic division that provides comprehensive clinical service with a spirit of innovation as an engine for growth, value, and service
- Participate in weekday clinical work while ensuring the delivery of timely, high-quality clinical care
- Collaboration with colleagues to improve service and quality for the betterment of our patients
- Provide instruction for the Residency, Fellowship and Medical Student educational programs by preparing and administering lectures and reviewing cases
- Participate in interdisciplinary conferences, conferring with other services concerning issues affecting Medical Imaging
- Support innovative research and serve as a willing collaborator with clinical and translational researchers
- American Board of Radiology certified or eligible
- Fellowship Training in Breast Imaging
- Position open to experienced breast imaging radiologists as well as fellow new grads with interest in an enriching academic career path
- H-1B, O-1, and 2024 J-1 Visa Waiver Sponsorship opportunities are available
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health, to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- 100k Loan Repayment available, plus Public Service Loan Forgiveness!
- Legal, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Sick Time, Time Off, Malpractice, and CME allowance
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including retirement plans with matching or deferred options, employee perks and discounts
If interested, we encourage you to submit your CV here for consideration; or apply directly at PracticeWithUs.BannerHealth.com for LIVE application tracking. Thank you!
Our Community: The soulful Sonoran Desert. The flavorful Southwest. The peacefully blooming community of Tucson, Arizona is nestled within surrounding mountain views and the lush Sonoran Desert. With 350+ days of annual sunshine, it is easy to soak some sunny Vitamin D with championship golf courses, scenic hiking, cycling-friendly community, horseback riding, and daytrip fishing or kayaking. Selfcare enrichment abounds in refreshing spa resorts, art galleries, enriching culture and entertainment. Tucson was also designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy with many exciting culinary adventures in our restaurant scene. With a population slightly over 0.5 million, Tucson is a growing city with a college town feel that continues to boast an attractive cost of luxury living to enjoy with those you love most!
University of Arizona Division of Breast Imaging
- Dedicated breast imaging center with tomosynthesis and breast MRI on site
- Interventional services include tomosynthesis guided breast biopsy, MR guided breast biopsy, and Savi-Scout reflector localization procedures
- Designated as “Center of Excellence” by the American College of Radiology
- Highly collegial and collaborative work environment, including with dedicated breast surgery and oncology physician colleagues
- Essential part of the Breast Health Program at the University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) since 2009. UACC is the comprehensive cancer center headquartered in and serving the entire state of Arizona.
- Medical Imaging Research Division consisting of 12 faculty nationally recognized for expertise in MR, CT, and Gamma-Ray Imaging
- University of Arizona Cancer Center
- Biomedical Engineering Department
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer. The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University Medical Center Tucson
1625 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician-Radiology - Women's Imager
Apply for Physician-Radiology - Women's Imager
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert