BC/BE Pediatric Hospitalist - St. Louis Metro Area
- Large Pediatric Group
- Professional Fullfillment
- Various position needs - PRN, Part Time, Full Time
- Locations throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan area
Physician shall provide pediatric services to patients at designated hospital(s) or at other Program Sites as determined by the Program Director. Physician will be responsible for complying with all of designated hospital bylaws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures and any such bylaws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures of any Program Site at which Physician performs services.
Hospital Inpatient/Outpatient Clinical Duties.
- Responsible for admission, management, and discharge of pediatric patients in conjunction with attending physicians as appropriate
- Evaluates patients and performs procedures as deemed appropriate by the Glennon Care Pediatrics Medical Director
- Responds to requests from facility's Emergency Department for patient evaluation and treatment
- Attends high risk deliveries in the Program Site labor and delivery room
- Attends normal deliveries, if requested, in the Program Site labor and delivery room except when acuity of patient elsewhere in house or in emergency dictates otherwise
- Be available at all times during scheduled shifts to provide care to neonates in the nursery as necessary to consult with the neonatologist as appropriate
- Responds to requests for pediatric consults from other department
- Collaborates with advance practice nurse (APN) as needed
- Collaborates with members of the Program team to ensure continuity, appropriateness, and timeliness of care to patients in Program settings