Medical Advisor (Job Posting #117-23)
- New Jersey Department of Children and Families
- Trenton, New Jersey
- Closing date
- Apr 20, 2023
- Family Medicine, Other Specialty, Pediatrics
- Full Time
- Position Type
- Permanent, Chair/Chief/Medical Director
(Job Posting #117-23)
Be a part of a groundbreaking program which will change the long-term health and well-being for New Jersey families and reduce disparities in maternal and child health!
The Department of Children and Families (DCF) is seeking a dynamic leader for its newly established Universal Home Visiting (UHV) program. DCF is currently in the planning stage for this program which will be available to all New Jersey families welcoming a newborn to their home, as well as parents experiencing a stillbirth. Families that participate in the Universal Home Visiting Program will receive a visit with a specially trained nurse in the comfort of their home at no cost to the family. Nurses will provide maternal and newborn health assessments to ensure everyone’s well-being, provide information on infant care, support for those breastfeeding, and help with getting connected to resources families may need to adjust to life with a newborn. New Jersey will be only the second state in the nation to offer such a program to its residents. This is a 50% time, contracted position that will be located in Trenton. Travel (primarily in state) will be required for this position. This position may be eligible to work remotely for up to two days in a calendar week.
The Medical Advisor will play a critical role as a face of the UHV program to the medical community, and more importantly, educate the provider community about UHV and enlist their support and participation. The Medical Director will also provide his or her expertise and professional perspective to the Program Director and as part of the state program leadership team.
The Medical Advisor shall:
* Build relationships with clinical stakeholders in coordination with other members of program leadership to identify champions for the program and promote the program.
* Educate maternal child health providers about the UHV program to encourage referrals to the program.
* Work with hospitals and hospital systems to champion the UHV program and optimize newborn enrollment.
* Review and make recommendations related to clinical site guidelines, with particular care to New Jersey specific requirements which may impact these guidelines.
* Collaborate with local UHV providers and state program leadership to problem solve related to referral processes, clinical guidelines, or other issues.
* Confer with model developer and program leadership to support execution of the evidence-based model within the New Jersey context.
* Participate in the Advisory Group for the program and other workgroups and advisory boards.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Doctorate in Medicine (M.D.) or Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.).
EXPERIENCE: Successful candidates will have at least five (5) years of direct practice experience serving mothers and/or infants; at least two (2) years of experience in a leadership, administrative, or teaching capacity in a medical setting; and experience and expertise in Pediatrics, OB/GYN, Family Medicine, or a closely related field. Experience within New Jersey is preferred.
* Demonstrated skills in leadership, relationship building, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with peers and with stakeholders both within and outside one’s organization.
* Competency in areas including: knowledge and understanding of New Jersey medical community; knowledge and understanding of New Jersey hospital systems; expertise in maternal and child health issues; understanding of culturally competent practices; strategic thinking and planning; presentation skills; strength in building consensus.
* Microsoft office skills, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and strong spoken and written communications skills.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Acceptable results on fingerprint-based background check and Child Abuse Registry check required.
RESUME NOTE: Eligibility determinations will be based upon information presented on the resume only. Applicants who possess a degree from a college or university outside the United States must provide an evaluation of one’s transcripts from a recognized evaluation service at the time of submission by the above closing date. Failure to do so may result in your ineligibility.
LICENSE: Appointee will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
RESIDENCY LAW: Please refer to the New Jersey Department of Children and Families’ website at www.state.nj.us/dcf.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: You must submit a cover letter and CV as a single PDF document, saving the file by your Last Name, First Name.
Please indicate in your cover letter the Posting # and where you found this job opportunity. Send the file to:
The Department of Children and Families is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive work environment which reflects the diversity of the state we serve.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert