Division Chief Nuclear Medicine/Molecular Imaging
- Penn State Health Physician Recruitment
- Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- Mar 19, 2024
- Radiology / Imaging
- Full Time
- Position Type
As Chief the candidate will oversee a division of 4 subspecialists and will have responsibility for the academic and clinical missions of the division. They will join our group of 52 academic faculty and 28 community practice radiologists in a growing academic health system that includes the academic Penn State Health Hershey Medical Center and 4 regional community hospitals.
A passion for teaching is essential as the education of our medical students, 34 DR and DR/IR residents, fellows, and staff is a core value of our program. The Division offers an ACGME fellowship in Nuclear Medicine. The Department supports an education curriculum specialist to mentor faculty in teaching and develop scholarship in radiology education. There is opportunity for innovative clinical research through collaboration with an interdisciplinary lung cancer screening program and the Division of Radiology Innovation and Value Enhancement (DRIVE), supporting informatics, data analytics, and outcomes research. DRIVE has two full-time data analysts and works with our central data team to provide advanced data mining and analysis support for healthcare innovation and investigator-initiated research projects. The Department sponsors a core imaging lab that supports quantitative image analysis, 3D imaging support for 3D printing and virtual reality, and cardiovascular imaging
The Department has state of the art diagnostic imaging equipment including:
- One newly installed PET/CT scanner (Biograph mCT) features include diagnostic 16 slice CT scanner combined with a dual-headed SPECT gamma camera; ability to perform molecular imaging with reproducible quantification; superb volumetric resolution; minimum dose and maximum speed molecular imaging
- One modern Symbia Intevo hybrid SPECT/CT system features include a diagnostic 16 slice CT scanner combined with a dual-headed SPECT gamma camera ; XSPECT and XQUANT ; provides precise anatomic localization to guide diagnostic and therapeutic interventions
- One Symbia T hybrid SPECT/CT gamma system features includes a diagnostic 16-slice CT scanner combined with a dual-headed SPECT gamma camera ; provides precise anatomic localization to guide diagnostic and therapeutic interventions
- Three dual-head SPECT gamma cameras
- One dedicated cardiac SPECT gamma camera
- Atom 950 thyroid uptake system
- Ultramodern USP 797 compliant nuclear pharmacy permitting on-site radiopharmaceutical compounding
REGIONALLY UNIQUE SERVICES
- Radium-223 dichoride (Xofigo ) for treatment of castrate-resistant prostate cancer that is metastatic to bone
- Y-90 selective internal radiation therapy (in conjunction with the cardiovascular and interventional radiology service) for treatment of hepatic cancers and liver metastasis
- PET amyloid plaque imaging for evaluation of suspected neurodegenerative disorders
- I-123 ioflupane (DaTscan) imaging for evaluation of patients with suspected parkinsonian disorders
- Gallium-68 dodatate PET imaging for evaluation of neuroendocrine tumors (soon to be offered)
Hershey, PA is a town of 15,000 residents and part of the greater metropolitan Harrisburg area within 2 hours of Washington D.C., Baltimore and Philadelphia. Excellent schools, a safe and friendly environment, excellent outdoor sports opportunities and a commute time of 5 10 minutes make for a family friendly active life in Central PA.
What We re Offering:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Penn State Tuition Remission.
- Work with highly qualified, friendly colleagues in a supportive health network.
- Interaction with dynamic clinicians in a collaborative environment.
- Department support for a quality work/life balance.
What We re Seeking:
- Medical degree - M.D., D.O. or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Licensed for the practice of medicine in the State of Pennsylvania
- Board certification/eligibility in Radiology
What the Area Offers:
- Welcoming family-oriented lifestyle with a multitude of outdoor activities year-round
- Strong sense of community
- Affordable cost of living. Both suburban and urban.
- Excellent schools
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Apply for Division Chief Nuclear Medicine/Molecular Imaging
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert