Geriatric Medicine Opportunity
- Trinity Health
- Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
Mercy LIFE of Pennsylvania, a member of Trinity Health, has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Geriatric Medicine, Family Medicine, or Internal Medicine physician for its Sharon Hill location in Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania.
Under the supervision of the medical director in coordination of the executive director, provides primary medical care to participants, including assessment, development of a plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, provision of direct participant medical care, and evaluation of effectiveness of the plan of care. Functions in a collegial relationship with the other health care professionals, making independent decisions regarding medical needs and health regimens. Carries out medical procedures as indicated.
General responsibilities include:
- Perform physical examinations, order and evaluate appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests, and record results in a systematic manner.
- Provide initial and ongoing participant assessments, care plan development, and implementation of care plan.
- Provide preventative health care and health promotion for participants.
- Educate participants and families regarding health maintenance and their chronic medical conditions, in cooperation with nursing staff.
- Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team and participate in the development of the comprehensive plan of care and ongoing monitoring of the participant’s health status. Maintain an active role in the interdisciplinary team process.
The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible. PACE serves individuals who are age 55 or older, certified by their state to need nursing home care, able to live safely in the community at the time of enrollment and live in a PACE service area. While all PACE participants must be certified to need nursing home care to enroll in PACE, only about 7 percent of PACE participants nationally reside in a nursing home. If a PACE enrollee needs nursing home care, the PACE program pays for it and continues to coordinate the enrollee's care. We encourage fellowship and independence while serving seniors and their families with dignity and respect. Delivering all needed medical and supportive services, PACE is able to provide the entire continuum of care and services to seniors with chronic needs while maintaining their independence in their home for as long as possible.
- Must be licensed to practice medicine in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Experience or added qualifications in geriatrics preferred. Board certified/eligible in internal medicine or family medicine.
- Advanced certification in geriatrics and Board certification granted by the American Boards of Internal Medicine and Family Medicine for Added Qualification in Geriatric Medicine preferred.
- Must provide current state license and DEA registration.
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Interest in frail older adults and knowledge of their physical, mental, and social needs.
- Effective skills in physical assessment and chronic disease management for frail older adults.
- Desire to work in a creative alternate health care setting.
- Able to manage changing priorities according to participant needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right physician to be an integral part of our PACE program clinical team.
Mercy LIFE of Pennsylvania provides a competitive compensation and benefit package that complements this opportunity for personal growth and professional advancement.
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Mercy LIFE is a nationally recognized Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) providing comprehensive medical, health recreational and social services that are designed specifically for each person in an effort to promote independence at home. PACE has a 30-year track record of successfully helping elderly individuals remain at home while receiving medical and social services to assist them to live independently. Mercy LIFE has provided a community based long-term care program for frail elders who reside in South Philadelphia, since 2001 and began serving North Philadelphia in early 2009. Our program serves seniors with a range of health conditions that impact their daily life such as chronic illness, memory loss, difficulty providing personal care such as bathing and dressing, and more.
Trinity Health PACE is the largest provider of PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) services in the country with 13 PACE Organizations operating in nine states. PACE is designed to provide the entire continuum of care and services to frail seniors, helping them to maintain their independence in their home and community for as long as possible
Trinity Health PACE organizations are nationally recognized providing comprehensive medical, health, recreational, and social services designed specifically for each participant in an effort to promote independence at home.
To receive PACE services individuals must meet the following conditions:
- Be at least 55 years old
- Live is the PACE service area
- Be able to live safely in the community with assistance
- Meet the state's nursing facility level of care
PACE Organization's use an interdisciplinary team approach to provide all health, medical and social services necessary to restore and preserve the participant's level of well-being. IDTs are composed of a primary care physician, nurse, social worker, physical therapist, occupational therapist, recreational therapist or activity coordinator, dietitian, PACE center supervisor, home care liaison, health workers/aids, or their representatives, and drivers or their representatives.
Trinity Health PACE is a member of Trinity Health, the second largest Catholic Health System in the nation. Trinity Health is based in Livonia, Michigan.
Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania is located in Southeastern Delaware County, Pennsylvania and has a population of 5,700. The borough is conveniently located for easy access to metropolitan Philadelphia with nearby Interstate highways and easy transportation by bus, trolley, and train. Philadelphia International Airport is just minutes away.
For more information on Sharon Hill visit: www.sharonhillboro.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – is the largest city in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the fifth-most-populous city in the United States, and the core of the sixth-largest metropolitan area in the country.
Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, the area boasts wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to historic Philadelphia with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, museums and restaurants. Beaches, mountains, New York City and Washington DC are also just a short drive away.
For more information on Philadelphia visit www.visitphilly.com
Apply for Geriatric Medicine Opportunity
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert