- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
We are hiring a BC/BE Pediatric Ophthalmologist who has exceptional clinical and interpersonal skills to join our team in beautiful Lehigh Valley.
LVHN has been ranked among the "Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report for 23 consecutive years. Whether you're considering your next career move or your first, consider LVHN where you will provide community care and impact the lives of your patients.
- The Ophthalmology Division consists of LVPG Ophthalmology, a subsidiary of LVHN, as well as community ophthalmologists. LVPG Ophthalmology currently has a cornea specialist, retina specialist, 2 general ophthalmologists and 2 optometrists. The community ophthalmologists consist of cornea, glaucoma, pediatric and retina specialists in addition to general ophthalmologists.
- Operate at Reilly Children’s Surgery Center
- Minimally invasive technology / Adding equipment for Ophthalmology
- 4 operating rooms / 2 procedure rooms (1 dedicated for endoscopy)
- 16 private pre/post-operative rooms
- 9 bay post-anesthesia care unit
- A network champion for Ophthalmology and a passion for the clinical work
- Fellowship trained pediatric ophthalmologist
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- A valid PA Medical License or ability to obtain one is required
Benefits & Perks:
- Attractive Work Schedule
- Highly Competitive compensation with a superb benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
The Children’s Hospital is the only pediatric hospital and level 2 pediatric trauma center in the region with a catchment area of over 2.5 million people. It has a dedicated full time Pediatric Emergency Department, PICU, and level 4 NICU. There are 24/7 in house Pediatric Intensivists, Neonatologists, and General Surgery and Pediatric residents. Within the physician practice, there are General Pediatricians and Pediatric Specialists from Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Hematology and Oncology, Cardiology, Adolescent Medicine, Infectious Disease, Critical Care, Neonatology, Radiology, Endocrinology, Neurology, Psychiatry, and Child Abuse. There are additional Pediatric Surgical Specialists from Urology, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, Plastics and Neurosurgery.
An academic appointment is available through the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, our partner in medical education. Education and training of medical students and residents is an important part of our mission. Lehigh Valley Health Network has 17 ACGME fellowship and residency training programs, including General Surgery and Pediatrics. An opportunity to explore clinical research is available and will be supported.
The Lehigh Valley is one of the fastest growing areas in the country, located in the heart of eastern Pennsylvania; 60 miles from Philadelphia and 80 miles from New York City. The area has outstanding public and private school systems, several Colleges and Universities, and an abundance of cultural and recreational offerings including minor league baseball, soccer, and hockey. To learn more about the Lehigh Valley visit: [Apply Here]
Influenza vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all colleagues unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice. Applicants possessing a medical marijuana card will not be considered for safety sensitive positions.
If you are interested, please forward your CV to Amanda Gurgick,
Apply for Pediatric Ophthalmologist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert