The duties and responsibilities for the Chief of Radiology include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as a general diagnostic radiologist, interpreting the different types of radiology examinations are covered by the Radiology Service (MRI, CT, diagnostic ultrasound, general radiology and fluoroscopy (x-ray) examinations).
- Responsible for establishing and applying imaging protocols, reviewing imaging requests, utilization management, ensuring appropriate patient preparations and medication are ordered, technical oversight and feedback for the technologists performing the examinations, overall safety of imaging patients including oversight of contrast administration and response to adverse patient reactions.
- Participates in non-clinical activities expected of radiologists.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide all general diagnostic imaging services.
- Possess sufficient computer skills necessary to work with advanced electronic medical records, PACS and Powerscribe voice recognition systems.
- General computer skills to a high extent of proficiency is suggested, and strongly preferred.
- Responsible for establishing, documenting and maintaining standard procedures related to Imaging, for the facility (through Medical Center Memoranda MCMs) and for the Radiology Service (through Standard Operating Procedures).
- Must be dedicated to patient radiation dose reduction programs, including those currently in effect and as prescribed by Veterans Health Administration as the position will also serve as Radiation Safety Officer.
- Provides consultative service for referring providers, provide comparative reports as requested and participate in clinical conferences and committees.
- Participates in quality control/quality management activities including department and facility level peer review activities.
- The majority of the physician's time will be devoted to clinical care with sufficient time allotted to training and administrative duties as assigned by the Associate Chief of Staff for Specialty Care Services.
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package.
Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): May be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
Permanent Change of Station (Relocation Assistance): May be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
Education Debt Reduction Program (Student Loan Repayment): EDRP has been authorized for this position. After selection, the local EDRP coordinator will provide further details. Program eligibility and award amount is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office. Learn more.
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases.
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of paid time off per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement (must be full-time with board certification)
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application.
More about the area:
- Big city amenities with a small town feel
- Lower cost of living
- The regions best skiing at your doorstep
- Outdoor activities with beautiful mountains and scenery
- Locally owned restaurants and specialty shops
- A distinct four season