Physician, Geriatric Day Care Center, Thornton CO
- Westminster, Colorado
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Family Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
Our Physician is responsible for the medical care of InnovAge's enrolled geriatric participants across a variety of settings, including but not limited to our Day Center clinic, participants’ homes, the nursing home, assisted living facilities, and personal care boarding homes. Most participant visits occur at the InnovAge Center clinic, though some physicians may specialize in nursing home care. Close coordination of care with hospital-based providers is essential. Physical attendance at an InnovAge facility is essential to performing the job duties, with 4 days of participant visits and 1 administrative day.
- Provide medical care to participants, including the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of their medical conditions, including but not limited to taking of medical history, the performance of physical examination, ordering and interpretation of diagnostic tests, formulation of an assessment of the condition and a treatment plan, writing prescriptions, ongoing follow up of same, and management of medical information from specialists and hospital teams.
- Document medical care in the participant’s medical record in compliance with InnovAge PACE documentation policies. This may include involvement with the establishment of electronic medical records and providing the Center's Medical Director with input around needed ongoing EMR enhancements
- On a rotational basis, provides after-hours on-call coverage every few weeks. All calls are first triaged by an RN, with only a subset (< 10%) getting to the Physician for advice or orders (only phone support, no driving into centers or homes).
- Participate within the interdisciplinary team in the formulation of care plans for participants, as well as in other interdisciplinary team settings that further the care.
- Contribute to the quality improvement initiatives of InnovAge PACE programs
- Present input into, initiate, and/or facilitate new medical programs and processes in support of strategic goals.
- Provide, by example and leadership, motivation, and direction to help set the tone of the department to ensure morale and teamwork and that the positive culture of the organization is maintained.
- Additional work functions and duties may be assigned.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy degree
- Current active state Medical License and DEA license with full prescriptive authority
- Board Certification in primary care specialty, or Board Eligible with certification required within first 12 months of employment
- A minimum of one year working with the frail or elderly
- Not on the CMS Preclusion List
- Postgraduate training in a primary care specialty, including but not limited to internal or family medicine.
- Completion of post-residency training in geriatric medicine
The pay offered for the position will take into consideration the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity, among other factors. InnovAge offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance and add, supplemental life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) savings, paid time off, and company-paid holidays.
Apply for Physician, Geriatric Day Care Center, Thornton CO
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert