Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery
Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery | Baylor University Medical Center | Downtown Dallas
Baylor University Medical Center is seeking a full time adult cardiac surgeon to serve as Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery and to lead an accomplished and decorated group of cardiovascular surgeons.
Candidates should demonstrate dynamic leadership skills, be motivational and organized, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and project a visionary outlook. The Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery will report to the Chief Medical Officer at Baylor University Medical Center and have a close relationship with the hospital president, the Chief of Thoracic Surgery, and other hospital and system stakeholders.
Ideal candidates will be charged to develop robust and competitive programming around thoracic aortic surgery, valvular surgery, CABG, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, and advanced heart failure surgery (MCS and heart transplantation) with an eye to top-tier performance and USNWR recognition. Candidates will be responsible for developing collaborative relationships with other cardiac surgery programs in the Baylor Scott and White system, local and community cardiologists, and advanced heart failure cardiologists. Successful candidates should have a proven track record of leadership and program growth.
Requirements of the position:
- Lead the CV Surgery team in providing consultation, diagnosis, and a full range of surgical treatments for cardiovascular diseases in a compassionate and patient centered environment
- Role breakdown: 60% clinical/surgical and 40% administrative
- Strategically grow the CV practice with attention to exceptional patient outcomes and development of clinical expertise in specialty niches
- Guaranteed competitive salary that includes a generous relocation package, full health benefits, 401K, and a superb practice support infrastructure
- Employed, Full-time, position with Health Texas Provider Network (HTPN)- the employment arm of Baylor Scott & White
- Candidates must have leadership experience to apply.
- No visa sponsorship available.
The position is in the heart of Dallas at Baylor University Medical Center (BUMC). BUMC is a 1,000 bed Level 1 trauma facility with cutting edge cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, transplant surgery (including bone marrow, kidney, liver, heart, lung, and more), and excellent medical subspecialty support. A teaching hospital, BUMC hosts 300 residents and fellows in a variety of specialties and subspecialties. BUMC also is affiliated with Texas A&M School of Medicine, and as such academic affiliation and medical student teaching opportunities are readily available. BUMC is also home to the T. Boone Pickens Cancer Center, the #1 inpatient cancer center in North Texas.
Dallas, Texas is the 9th largest city in the US – home to 1.3 million people, 18 fortune 500 companies, top school systems, and five professional sports teams and one of the nation’s top five international airports. Dallas is a highly multi-cultural community and is home to the Dallas Arts District, the largest suburban arts district in the US. Combined with a cost of living nearly 12% lower than the rest of the country and no state income tax, Dallas truly offers a great lifestyle.
Apply for Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert