Center Medical Director, Tampa, FL
- Tampa, Florida
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Family Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
Ready to have your nights and weekends back to yourself? You'll work Monday through Friday, 8 to 5p, supporting only our enrolled participants.
Location: 4520 Seedling Circle, Tampa, FL 33614
The Center Medical Director provides medical care for InnovAge PACE enrolled participants across various settings, including but not limited to the center's clinic, participants' homes, the nursing home, assisted living facilities, and personal care boarding homes. Direct hospital inpatient care is not required, but close coordination of care with hospital-based providers is essential. The Center Medical Director is also responsible for overseeing day-to-day medical operations at the center and provides supervision of physicians and adult nurse practitioners. In addition, they assist with keeping expenses within the department budget, quality initiatives, utilization, and resource management. Physical attendance at an InnovAge facility and an InnovAge participant home is essential to performing the job. The position offers 65% participant care with 35% administration with an average of 8 participant visits a day.
Primary Care - 65%
- Provide medical care to enrolled participants, including the evaluation, diagnosis, and management of their medical conditions, including but not limited to taking of medical history, the performance of physical examination, ordering and interpretation of diagnostic tests, formulation of an assessment of the condition and a treatment plan, writing prescriptions, ongoing follow up of same, and management of medical information from specialists and hospital teams.
- Document medical care in the participant's medical record in compliance with documentation policies. This may include involvement with establishing electronic medical records and providing the Area Medical Director with input around needed ongoing EMR enhancements.
- On a rotational basis, provides after-hours on-call coverage every few weeks. An RN first triages all calls with only a subset (< 10%) getting to the Physician for advice or orders (only phone support, no driving into centers or homes).
- Participate within the interdisciplinary team in the formulation of Plans of Care for participants and in other interdisciplinary team settings that further the care of participants.
- Presents input into, initiates, and facilitates new medical programs and processes supporting strategic goals.
Administrative & supervision 35%
- Assists with the preparation of the primary care budget and explains monthly budget variances
- Provides reports on utilization areas: Inpatient, ER, Outpatient, Nursing home, Pharmacy, and areas where there is a significant budget variance
- Participates in quality initiatives in conjunction with the Quality Department.
- Responds to center grievances concerning primary care complaints.
- Champions at least one primary care strategic initiative
- Coordinates the center's regular primary care team meetings and may lead local primary care meetings when asked.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, and termination of primary care staff under the supervision and in consultation with the Area Medical Director
- Effectively supervises and manages direct reports and provides, by example and leadership, motivation and direction to employees of the organization.
- Helps set the tone of the department to ensure morale and teamwork and that the positive employment culture of the organization is maintained.
- Regularly schedules leadership/management, department, and staff 1:1 meetings to provide leadership, development, and a forum for communication to ensure coordination and collaboration in meeting organization and individual goals.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy degree
- Board Certified in a primary care specialty.
- Current active Medical License for the state in which practicing.
- DEA License with full prescriptive authority.
- Adequate malpractice coverage
- Not on the Preclusion List
- A minimum of one year working with the frail or elderly
- Postgraduate training in a primary care specialty, including but not limited to internal or family medicine
- Completion of post-residency training in geriatric medicine
InnovAge Florida PACE Tampa is still pending State and Federal regulator approval. The job postings for this PACE center are not intended for marketing to potential participants but for employment purposes only.
The pay offered for the position will consider the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity, among other factors. In addition, InnovAge offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; short and long-term disability, life insurance, and add and supplemental life insurance; flexible spending accounts; 401 (k) savings, paid time off; and company-paid holidays.
Apply for Center Medical Director, Tampa, FL
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert