Executive Medical Director Infection Prevention
- AdventHealth Orlando
- Orlando, Florida
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Infectious Disease
- Full Time
- Position Type
Executive Medical Director Infection Prevention
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day OnePaid Days Off from Day OneDebt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Executive Director fosters a culture of performance improvement and coordinates the systematic implementation of best practices designed to reduce errors and improve patient outcomes. Plans, directs, and manages the activities of the department; works closely with designated medical staff and hospital administration, hospital departments, and committees to carry out all functions incorporated into the infection prevention and control program. Involved in system wide performance improvement activities; is accountable for fulfilling requirements from accrediting and regulatory agencies. In cases where patient safety is potentially compromised or risk is unknown, the Executive Director has the authority to issue a "stop work order" to cease the use of equipment, conduct, specific clinical practices, or limit the activities of specific healthcare workers, until resolution of concerns is adequately reached. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Leadership skills, including a demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability; comfort with decision-making responsibilities; coaching, teaching, and counseling skills; and the ability to influence and motivate.
- Communication skills and interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of customers and external stakeholders of the organization. This involves the ability to persuade and negotiate in situations that are controversial and/or sensitive and result in authoritative decisions.
- Analytical ability to apply theories, principles, and practices of several disciplines for problem resolution.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of regulations and guidelines for areas of responsibility.
- Ability to define and accomplish project goals in a resourceful and timely manner.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of allopathic or osteopathic medicine program
- Experience as Internal Medicine physician
- At least five years of experience in a healthcare environment, particularly Infection Prevention, including recent experience in leadership role
- Participating provider in AdventHealth Healthcare System
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION: REQUIRED:
- Current, valid State of Florida license as a medical doctor
- Board certified or eligible in specialty, as stated in physician contract
- Active (or provisional active) member in good standing on the medical staff of AdventHealth, with all privileges and responsibilities accorded such status
- Current health care professional licensure
Interested candidates apply online at http://link.adventhealth.com/tp/rj6-0psp5-e_K
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Apply for Executive Medical Director Infection Prevention
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert