Seeking Ophthalmology Specialist in Greenville, NC - Retina, Cornea, and Glaucoma Needs
- ECU Health
- Greenville, North Carolina
- Closing date
- Jun 15, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
ECU Health Physicians, located in Greenville, North Carolina, is seeking board eligible or board certified ophthalmology physicians for the following positions in our practice:
- Cornea/External Diseases specialist
- Glaucoma Specialist
- Medical Retina Specialist
- Vitreoretinal Surgeon
- Oculoplastic Specialist
- General Ophthalmologist
The successful candidate will join a dynamic new ophthalmic multispecialty practice within the ECU Health System to provide ophthalmic care to the Eastern North Carolina community. Physicians will be eligible to apply for an academic position at Brody School of Medicine and be involved in teaching and research activities. Academic rank and salary are based on qualifications.
Our vision is to create practice that will share and support ECU Health's mission to improve the health of Eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Medical Center
- Opportunity available due to ECU Health Physicians expansion for ophthalmology services
- Play a role in building a new community practice with an academic and teaching program
- Opportunities for teaching and research
- Tertiary referral center presents opportunities for care of complex eye disease
- Access to a nationally recognized Ambulatory Surgery Center for outpatient procedures
- Built in expansive referral network consisting of 29 counties and over 1.4 million people
- Full practice support by ECU Health Physicians
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits include: Relocation, Paid Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice/Tail Coverage, 401k matching/457, Medical, Dental, & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance. For eligible candidates: loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU Health Medical Center
ECU Health Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for ECU Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, ECU Health Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. www.ecuhealth.org
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, are interested in learning more about these ophthalmologic opportunities, please contact Ashley Rudolph at (252) 558-3763 or Ashley.Rudolph@ecuhealth.org.
Apply for Seeking Ophthalmology Specialist in Greenville, NC - Retina, Cornea, and Glaucoma Needs
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert