- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Radiology / Imaging
- Full Time
- Position Type
The Salisbury VAMC is actively seeking a well-qualified Radiologist with strong leadership and interpersonal skills to serve as a Staff Radiologist at the Salisbury VAMC Clinic.Duties
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 4:30RequirementsConditions of Employment
The Salisbury VAMC is actively seeking a well-qualified Radiologist with strong leadership and interpersonal skills to serve as a Staff Radiologist at the Salisbury VAMC Clinic.
There are no Recruitment Incentives associated with this position.
Duties include, but not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide all general diagnostic services.
- Establish imaging protocols, reviewing imaging requests, including utilization management ensuring appropriate preps and medication are ordered, technical oversight and feedback for the technologist performing the examinations, and overall safety of imaging patients including oversight of contrast administration and response to adverse patient reactions.
- Interpretation and communication of imaging results including report entry into the digital medical record and verbal notification of critical findings.
- Provide consultative service for referring physicians and provide comparative reports as requested and participate in clinical conferences and committees. The physician will participate in quality control /quality management including department and hospital level peer review activities.
- Participate in quality control /quality management including department and hospital level peer review activities. The physician will be responsible for teaching house staff and medical students assigned to Imaging Service.
- Teaching, research and administrative duties as assigned by the Chief, Imaging Service.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 4:30
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP).
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Veterans Health Administration Health Care Personnel (HCP) - See "Additional Information" below for details.
Apply for Physician (Radiologist)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert