Primary Care Physician VA Maryland Health Care System Cambridge, MD
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Cambridge, Maryland
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Family Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
The VA Maryland Health Care System is looking for a Primary Care Physician to join our Cambridge VA Clinic. Surrounded and shaped by water, downtown Cambridge is a friendly, boatable, and walkable historic community on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
The focus of a Primary Care clinician at the VA Maryland Health Care System is the provision of general and longitudinal outpatient medical care for Veteran patients in a manner which is reflective of excellent clinical judgment, medical knowledge, clinical skills (medical interviewing, physical examination, and procedural skills), humanistic qualities and professionalism. Patient care will be delivered in a manner that promotes Veteran health and well-being via a personalized, patient-centered approach that takes into consideration the Veteran’s goals, diagnoses, and physical, functional, and psychosocial needs.
The supervising Lead Physician for the clinic will provide the work assignments for the primary care clinician and will provide professional direction. The clinician will be granted clinical privileges at the VA based on his/her specific expertise. Work will commence immediately upon completion of orientation. The clinician will be required to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other physicians, advanced practice nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, administrative staff, and a variety of allied health professionals to deliver comprehensive health care services to male and female Veteran patients.
The medical center utilizes a computerized medical record system. The physician must be familiar with personal computers, have adequate keyboard skills to perform all data entry (e.g., progress notes and physician orders, history and physicals, discharge summaries), and be able to navigate through computer programs.
In addition, the primary care clinician will:
- Follow and abide by all medical center policies, rules, and regulations.
- Initiate and facilitate treatment and transfer in emergency situations.
- Refer patients as needed to appropriate specialists, health care facilities, and coordinate with home health services.
- Document assessments and plan of care for each patient in accordance with standards of care, policies, and procedures.
- Act as a consultant in clinical practice and may serve as a managing/supervising clinician for physician assistants, residents, and other health profession trainees
- Maintain state licensure, PECOS enrollment, and knowledge of new and current clinical methods.
- Assist with coordinating care received in the community from non-VA healthcare entities
- Be responsible for the successful achievement of applicable Performance Measures and Monitors
- Take an active part in the Peer Review process and ensure timely completion of assigned cases
- Become proficient in and engage in Tele-Health to home visits (e.g., VA Video Connect)
- Complete all other patient care related duties, as necessary and/or as assigned.
Recruitment or Relocation Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): Relocation/Recruitment may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
EDRP Authorized: This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
More about the area:
Located centrally on the Chesapeake Peninsula of Maryland’s Eastern Shore, Cambridge is in proximity to major metropolitan areas of Washington DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York. We invite you to enjoy our small-town hospitality and scenic beauty on the shores of the Choptank River. You'll find every season has exciting events, walking tours, river cruises, Chesapeake Bay cuisine, antiques, and unique shops along a quaint historic district.
Apply for Primary Care Physician VA Maryland Health Care System Cambridge, MD
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert