- Cayuga Health System
- Ithaca, New York
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
Psychiatrist Opportunity located in picturesque Ithaca, New York. Join an Integrated, Innovative, Independent Provider Lead Health Care System with Excellent Quality of Life. This is a full time, health system employed Psychiatrist position with a competitive base salary and incentives. We have a full complement of medical and surgical sub-specialty service lines to support our growing healthcare network including ample support from advanced providers, nursing and support staff. Cayuga Medical Center is also home to an Internal Medicine residency program.
Provide clinically indicated psychiatric services to Ithaca College students in the Student Health Center at Ithaca College with close collaboration and support with a primary care integrated behavioral health team. We are looking for psychiatric care to be provided on a continuum with a multi-disciplinary medical team that includes primary care providers, an integrated primary care behaviorist, and a collaborative care consulting psychiatrist in close collaboration with Ithaca College campus partners. The Psychiatrist would serve as a staff member of the Medical Department employed by Cayuga Health at Ithaca College.
- Psychiatric assessment and evaluation of students screened and referred to them under the direction of the Director of Student Health Services.
- Psychiatric care will center on providing care for students with outpatient psychiatric care needs that fall outside of the scope of primary care services.
- Psychiatric assessment and evaluation of students returning to campus following medical leaves of absence or inpatient admissions as needed.
- Psychiatric diagnostic assessments for common college health mental health conditions such as ADHD, Eating disorders, unstable Bipolar Disorder.
- Psychiatric treatment as indicated, to include counseling and initiation, prescribing, and management of psychopharmacologic treatment.
- Provide medical orders as necessary, including required labs, medications, and other interventions as needed or appropriate.
- Collaboration with campus partners such as CAPS, Student Accessibility Services, ICare, and others.
- Complete required assessment and treatment documentation in a timely manner and in a professionally acceptable format compatible with College s record-keeping.
- Consultation with staff when necessary to manage emergent patient issues.
- Collaborate with, and provide education to, the College Student Health Services and Counseling and Psychological Services staff, as well as to other members of the integrated primary care behavioral intervention team that may be involved in the patient s care and treatment.
- Make recommendations to the Director of Student Health Services for improvement of mental health services provided by the College.
Apply for Psychiatrist Opportunity
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert