Bariatrician Obesity Medicine Specialist
Joining the Baylor Scott and White Health team of medical professionals is a calling that is both fulfilling and rewarding. Our culture thrives in a physician-led spirit of excellence. Becoming a member of our multidisciplinary team grants you access to collegiality, innovation and advanced resources in technology. National and regional recognition of our hospitals by U.S. News & World Report is a reflection of our talent and commitment to advanced quality care that is safe and compassionate.
Baylor Scott and White Health is seeking an outstanding academic Bariatrician Obesity Medicine Specialist to join the Division of Bariatric Surgery, within the Department of Surgery at our flagship hospital in Temple, TX. This is an employed career opportunity with a generous benefits package that offers work-life balance, a competitive salary, productivity bonus, moving allowance, and no state income tax.
- Pre and Post-Operative, non-surgical support for Medically Supervised Weight Loss patients
- Weight loss management for non-surgical patients
- Join a team of five surgeons; three advanced practice providers
- Privileges at our MBSAQIP Accredited facility in Temple, TX
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine with extensive experience or fellowship training in Obesity Medicine. ABOM certification preferred.
- Academic affiliation to Baylor College of Medicine
- Large general surgery residency program with resident coverage at all times
- Large, rapidly growing tertiary referral practice
- Location/Facility – Baylor Scott and White Clinic - Temple, TX
- Specialty/Department/Practice – Bariatrics / Department of Surgery
- Shift/Schedule – Full-Time
- Our competitive benefits package includes the following*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Excellent Relocation Assistance packages
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
For consideration, please formally apply online at: https://jobs.bswhealth.com
For more information, please send your CV to: Teresa Washington, SHRM-CP, Sr. Physician Recruiter Teresa.Washington1@BSWHealth.org
About Baylor Scott and White Medical Center – Temple
Baylor Scott and White Medical Center – Temple is a 640-bed multi-specialty teaching hospital and the only Level I Trauma Center between Dallas and Austin. In 2022, the hospital ranks No.5 of the top 15 teaching hospitals in the United States by Thomson Reuters. The hospital has 31 accredited residency and fellowship programs that include specialties in emergency medicine and radiology and offers a well-established and respected chaplain resident program.
About the Community
Temple is regarded as one of the best areas to live and work in Texas and was ranked the sixth most affordable place to live in the U.S. in 2019. In addition to no state taxes, Temple enjoys a robust economy, and a cost of living that’s lower than the national average. Served by four independent school districts and nationally recognized Temple College, the community places a high priority on education. Dubbed the “Wildflower Capital of Texas,” Temple lies along the famous Texas Wildflower Trail and is the demographic center of the state, with convenient access to major cities including Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.
About Baylor Scott and White
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health was born from the 2013 combination of Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare. Today, Baylor Scott & White includes 52 hospitals, more than 800 patient care sites, 7,300 active physicians, over 49,000 employees and the Scott & White Health Plan.
Apply for Bariatrician Obesity Medicine Specialist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert