- PACE Southeast Michigan
- Southfield, Michigan
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Family Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
Oversee medical operations and quality improvement for PACE Southeast Michigan (SEMI). Provide general medical direction and supervision of the medical aspects of care. In conjunction with the President/CEO, provides direction and general supervision of related clinical staff and allied health services. The Medical Director and the President/CEO collaborate to assure the effective and efficient delivery of high-quality participant services at PACE SEMI. Provide clinical care services to participants of PACE SEMI.
Specific Duties and Functions:
- Assumes overall accountability and responsibility for the medical care and of the participants at PACE
- In collaboration with the director of quality assumes accountability and responsibility for quality improvement at PACE
- Supports, adheres to and demonstrates an understanding of the mission statement, philosophy, objectives and policies of PACE
- Utilizes interpersonal skills and techniques in order to maintain a supportive relationship with the staff of PACE
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the sites policies and
- Maintains medical policies, standards and protocols, which are reviewed as required by CMS and other regulatory bodies.
- Develops and implements a system of peer review of PACE SEMI providers of
- Participants in the continuing education, learners including; medical students, residents, fellows as well as professional disciplines that do rotations and preceptorships and PACE SEMI
- Participates as an active member of the Quality Improvement
- Serves as member of the Ethics, Utilization management, and palliative care, EOL and comfort care task force.
- Maintains an active role with the other PACE physicians and medical
- Provides a link with the clinic operations of the adult day health
- Participates in the interdisciplinary functioning of the adult day health
- Provides onboarding for new providers.
- Develops and monitors performance measures.
- Ensures providers documentation is complete thru review of EMR.
- Participates in PACE monthly.
- Participates in QI monthly.
- Directs and supervises the medical staff.
- Provides regular communication with primary care providers through monthly staff meetings, at minimum weekly.
- Assists in overseeing the medical students, medical residents, fellows, or research projects at or in conjunction with the PACE SEMI
- Responsible to assist in interviewing, hiring, and on-going training of physicians APP’s.
- Holds regular meetings with the primary care providers, nursing manager, clinical pharmacy manager and RD.
- Performs bi-annual performance evaluations of primary care providers, Clinical Pharmacist Manager and Registered Dietitians.
- Directs and supervises the pharmacists.
Skills and Certifications
- Experience in Medical Direction is
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice; added qualifications in Geriatrics are required.
- Current knowledge of the physical, mental and social needs of frail older adults is
- The ability to lead and work in an interdisciplinary
- Strong organizational
- Ability to manage changing priorities in response to program
- The knowledge, ability and experience in working with and advocating for the elderly and their
- Knowledge of cultural factors affecting care of all ethnic groups served in the
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be legally authorized to practice in the state of Licensed physician in the State of Michigan. Experience or advanced degree in geriatrics is required. Current state license, DEA registration and staff privileges at PACE SEMI and contracted hospitals are required. Must have 1 year of experience with a frail or elderly population. (Will only act within the scope of their authority to practice).
- Must meet a standardized set of CMS approved competencies, established by PACE SEMI for the position, before working
- Must be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up to date before engaging in direct participant contact
Apply for Medical Director
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert