Trauma, Hand Orthopedic Surgeon Opportunities in Beautiful, Coastal Southeastern Virginia
- Riverside Medical Group
- Chesapeake, Virginia
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Surgery, Surgery, Orthopedic
- Full Time
- Position Type
RIVERSIDE HEALTH SYSTEM MISSION: To care for others as we would care for those we love – to enhance their well-being and improve their health.
Join us on the Chesapeake Bay coast of Virginia where sailing, fishing, championship golf, and outstanding schools are just part of the reason you should consider relocating to our community!
Ortho Hand Surgeon Opportunity: Newport News
- Premiere Ortho specialty group consisting of 15 fellowship-trained physicians
- Elbow down practice with a focus on the wrist and hand only
- Primarily elective practice and outpatient work, with the ability to support and collaborate with Ortho Trauma team on more complex hand cases
- Microsurgical interest preferred
- Operate in state-of-the-art hospitals and outpatient surgery centers
- Referral base: 100+ PCP’s
- Elective outpatient practice call only currently
- Willingness to provide subspecialty specific PA/NP support
- BC/BE hand fellowship required
Trauma Opportunity: Newport News
- Join three other Fellowship-trained Orthopedic Trauma surgeons and six dedicated Physician Assistants
- Busy level II trauma center
- Block OR time and on-call, with a dedicated team
- Full orthopedic practice includes an additional seven orthopedic surgeons and six Advanced Practice Providers
- BC/BE trauma fellowship required
- Very competitive base salary – principally based on w/RVU model, with additional incentives
- Up to 2 year guaranteed base salary
- Sign-on bonus
- Paid malpractice
- Annual CME allowance
- Excellent benefits package
- Up to 6-weeks PTO
- Relocation allowance
- Highly-motivated, collaborative team-oriented medical staff
- Unable to sponsor J1 Visas
- Riverside Health System is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, qualified for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Lifestyle of the Virginia Peninsula (Yorktown-Hampton-Newport News-Williamsburg-Gloucester)
- Fish, sail, or water ski on the James River or the Chesapeake Bay.
- Unique assortment of cultural and historical amenities as well as sophisticated dining and entertainment.
- Annual LPGA golf tournament attracts the top golfers in the world.
- No. 2 place in the United States to raise a family (Parenthood magazine).
- Multitude of outstanding educational options; including local colleges and universities.
- Advanced placement courses at all area high schools.
- 3 international baccalaureate programs, magnet school for science and technology, high school for the arts.
- Population/service area: 650,000; 45 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean, 70 minutes to Richmond, 3 hours to Washington, DC and the Outer Banks, NC.
- Average home price: $197,000 with 4 beautiful seasons.
- Three airports to choose from.
You would be part of Riverside Medical Group (RMG), a 700+ provider multi-specialty clinical team that is the center of one of America’s strongest healthcare delivery organizations-Riverside Health System. Through its EPIC EMR system, RMG is able to provide safe, quality medical care for over 485,000 patients in 132 locations across the communities they serve.
Riverside Health System employs over 10,000 team members. Their flagship facility is Riverside Regional Medical Center (RRMC) located in Newport News, Virginia - a newly-renovated, state-of-the-art, 510-bed community hospital. Riverside supports four residency programs (Family, Emergency, OB/GYN, and TY) and features a robust ultrasound program and cutting-edge simulation lab. Their system is shaped by the integration of physicians at multiple levels and in pivotal leadership positions. Riverside recognizes that strong, fully-engaged doctors are the key to their ongoing success. With a long-standing commitment to physician leadership, Riverside is a system that is well-prepared to help you face the challenging growth of healthcare demands.
Learn more about Riverside Health System: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBTUI9Js1xY
Apply for Trauma, Hand Orthopedic Surgeon Opportunities in Beautiful, Coastal Southeastern Virginia
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert