Looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Bread & Butter General Surgeon to join our hospital employed, highly productive team.
- Option #1: Base salary of $401,370* (50%tile MGMA for those just completing training) with additional compensation for experience, guaranteed for 2 years. Can be switched to a wRVU production contract when exceeding target.
- Option #2: Base salary of $497,000* (75%tile MGMA) guaranteed for one year and then switched to a wRVU production contract.
* 5% less for those not yet boarded, salary adjusted accordingly upon board certification
2-year contract also includes:
- Vacation: 4 weeks plus holidays/sick days (29 PTO days). Additional 5 days when producing 75%tile wRVUs
- CME/Books & Journals: 5 days PTO and up to $5000
- Deferred compensation: 457b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $20,500 year before taxes. No matching.
- Retirement / Savings Plan: 403b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $20,500 year before taxes under age 50 and $27,000 for over age 50. SOMC matches dollar for dollar up to 2% of base pay.
- Moving Expense: $10,000 paid to moving company
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage: in a claims made insurance, in an amount of $1,000,000, per claim/$3,000,000, aggregate
- Health Insurance: physician pays small premium, deducted from paycheck
- Liquidated Damages: 70 mile and 2 year non-compete clause or liquidated damages of one year salary
- Medical School Loan Repayment: repay up to $200,000 ($25,000 per year for each year of service commitment)
- Residency Stipend: up to $25,000 (requires up to 2 year service commitment)
- Sign on Bonus: 15% of base salary up to $100,000 (paid when contract signed and forgiven over 2-4 years depending on amount of bonus)
- Bonus Incentives: excellent bonus incentives up to 30% of salary
- Practice Location
- SOMC Surgical Associates - Portsmouth, OH
- Office Hours/Work Schedule
- Monday Thursday 8:00a-4:30p; Friday 8:00a 12:00p
- Call Schedule/CERP:
- Call will be 1:5 1 day per week, 1 weekend per month
- Dr. Vincent Scarpinato, Senior Medical Director, General & Breast
- Dr. Andrew Dittenhofer, General
- Dr. James Pacholka, General
- Dr. Jeffery Parker, General
- Dr. Jordyn Thiel, General & Breast
- Dr. Jessica Suber, Plastics
- Cheryl Dahlstroem, CNP, RNFA
- Our minimum nursing is typically 1:1
- Case Load
- 20-30 patients/day
- 10 exam rooms/2 procedure rooms
- Office procedures include removal of lipomas, cysts, skin cancer
- Bread and Butter
- 8-15 surgeries/week No Trauma, Endoscopy preferred
- State of the art Mammography and State of the art MRI
- Practice Expectations
- Highly motivated candidate, ready to make a meaningful impact in our community
Click here to learn more about SOMC: http://www.somc.org/
Click to learn more about the community: http://www.somc.org/about/portsmouth.php
Hospital Beds: 248 staffed | Service Area: 250,000 | Not-for-profit established in 1966 | Employs: over 3,000 | Medical Staff: 281
Teaching opportunities: SOMC has Medical Students, Residents, and Advanced Practitioner trainees. Staff are eligible for Clinical Adjunct Faculty status with Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
All employment is contingent upon passing the post-offer physical examination, drug screen, and criminal background investigation.
Apply for General Surgery
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert