Critical Care Fellowship Director/Intensivist
- Sound Physicians
- Olympia Fields, Illinois
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Pulmonary Disease
- Full Time
- Position Type
Critical Care Fellowship Director/Intensivist – Chicago Area
Franciscan St. James Health, is a 375-bed, acute care teaching hospital with a comprehensive internal medicine residency and an ACGME-accredited critical care fellowship program. The teaching environment fosters the hospital culture of continued learning and research.
- 32-bed ICU with medical/surgical/CV surgery patients
- New state-of-the-art, teaching facility in Southwest Chicago suburbs with critical care fellows and internal medicine residents
- Two daytime intensivists, one 12-hour shift and one 11-hour shift with a 1-hour call for emergent need; Night is covered by tele-ICU and onsite critical care fellow
- Clinical shift compensation and Fellowship Director stipend; Competitive package including commencement bonus, relocation, and full benefits
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Education, Training & Experience Required
The Critical Care Fellowship Director will oversee the fellowship program at Franciscan St. James Health. This position is a combination of clinical bedside practice and director responsibilities.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking, and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- MD or DO; Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- 3-5 years of ICU clinical and teaching experience required
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. As a Program Medical Director with Sound Critical Care, you will develop, lead, and mentor your team; developing policies and guidelines while improving efficiencies through monitoring quality and efficiency metrics. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Location & Lifestyle
Olympia Fields is a southern suburb of Chicago located 25 miles from Chicago in Cook County. Olympia Fields is a safe, quiet community with numerous parks and above-average-ranking public schools. Most of the 5,000-plus residents in Olympia Fields own their own homes. Olympia Fields is home to two award-winning, tournament-quality championship golf courses including the prestigious Olympia Fields County Golf Club, founded in 1915 and host to PGA tournaments.
Apply for Critical Care Fellowship Director/Intensivist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert