Primary Care Clinic Physician
- Ventura County
- Ventura, California
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Physical Medicine / Rehabilitation
- Full Time
- Position Type
- General Salary Increase (GSI) - A GSI of 2.00% effective June 26, 2022.
- Deferred Compensation - Eligible to participate in the County's 401(k) Shared Savings Plan and/or the Section 457 Plan. The position is eligible for up to a 3% match on your 401(k) contributions.
- Health Plans - Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans for you and your dependents. You are afforded a flexible credit allowance of up to $19,162 annually.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Employees may also participate in the Flexible Spending Accounts which increase their spending power by reimbursing them with pre-tax dollars for IRS-approved dependent care and health care expenses.
- Pension Plan - Both the County and you contribute to the County's Retirement Plan and to Social Security. If you are eligible, you may establish reciprocity with other public retirement systems, such as CalPERS.
- Holidays - 11 paid days per year which includes a scheduled floating holiday.
Click here for more information: https://hr.ventura.org/jobs/pcc-physician
Our County and Community
Ventura County is located on California's "Gold Coast," nestled between the cities of Los Angeles and Santa Barbara and has a nearly perfect Mediterranean climate with an average annual temperature of 74 degrees. Residents enjoy rolling hills and sweeping ocean and Channel Island views. The beauty, weather and diverse cultural community come together to offer a wonderful quality of life.
HEALTH CARE AGENCY AMBULATORY CARE- MEDICAL CLINICS
The County of Ventura Health Care Agency encompasses the Ambulatory Care department. Ambulatory Care is comprised of Federal Qualified Health Centers, such as primary care and specialty clinics. Thirty-Four clinics are located throughout Ventura County that provide health care services on an outpatient basis. Outpatient health care services range from routine care to chronic medical conditions.
The goal of the Ambulatory Care department is to have healthy people in healthy communities throughout Ventura County. This is achieved by a team of dedicated physicians, nurses and other health care professionals that seek to set the standard in health care excellence.
Provides medical services involving examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients as Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physicians in ambulatory care facilities. There are currently opportunities in North Oxnard, Santa Paula, and Simi Valley.
The Primary Care Clinic Physician is an At-Will classification that is exempt from the provision of the Civil Service Ordinance.
Examples Of Duties
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides complete, comprehensive, family-oriented, culturally-sensitive clinical care for patients throughout the life cycle. This includes obtaining medical histories, performing physical examinations, making diagnoses, and treating patients;
- Prescribes medications and treatment, monitors patients’ progress, and adapts treatment as required;
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases;
- Advises patients concerning evidence-based lifestyle changes that improve patient health and works with patients to develop self-management goals;
- Coordinates with care team to provide high-quality patient care and ensure patient treatment goals are met;
- Ability to work with high volume of patients, internal/external customers, and appropriately manage frequent changes, delay or unexpected events;
- Follow workflows that support quality improvement efforts and increase patient access;
- Explains in clear understandable verbal and written language the care plan and any procedures;
- Advises nursing and related personnel as to the administration of medication and treatment; writes physician’s orders;
- Gives or determines the need for medical tests, orders laboratory tests as necessary; interprets medical tests;
- Consulting with other physicians and providers, referring patients to specialists when necessary, and working with other healthcare staff, such as nurses, assistants, and other physicians;
- Keeps accurate and timely medical records and charts and adheres to documentation policies. Prepares various records such as progress notes, comprehensive care plans, summaries, etc. Documents gathered information in medical record as required by policies;
- Keeps updated problem lists and medication lists for all patients;
- Responds to portal messages and EHR inbox in a timely fashion and provides coverage for colleagues’ inboxes when they are not available;
- Counsels patients and families about physical, medical, and mental conditions; obtains appropriate consent for treatment from patients or parent/caregiver;
- May participate in an on-call system;
- Participate in meetings, conferences, and training sessions as determined by Ambulatory Care administration;
- Follows safety protocols, including but not limited to using two patient identifiers and time-out procedures;
- Keeps all medical staff privileging requirements up-to-date, including CME requirements;
- Administer first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation in an emergency;
- Complies with medical laws (for example, HIPAA). Demonstrates knowledge of domestic violence, child and dependent abuse protocols and mandated reporting; and
- Perform related duties as assigned.
These are entrance requirements to the recruitment process and assure neither continuance in the process nor invitation to an interview.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited residency training program
- Degree in Medicine
- At least 3 years of residency training
- Current state medical license and state DEA certificate
Must be able to meet the VCMC Medical Staff Credentialing requirements as outlined in the Medical Staff Bylaws - https://hospitals.vchca.org/images/medical_staff/Bylaws_Revised_6.2018.pdf (Download PDF reader)
Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
This position may be subject to State Health Officer Orders regarding vaccine verification and/or testing. These requirements are a condition of employment. Depending on assignment and work location(s), successful candidates for this position will be required to submit proof of vaccination and/or booster against COVID-19 or request an exemption for qualifying medical or religious reasons during the onboarding process.
If interested, submit an online application at www.ventura.org/jobs and attach your current resume/CV and cover letter
Email your resume/CV to Liz.Gonzalez@ventura.org
Note: Please include the dates of your residency program.
Apply for Primary Care Clinic Physician
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert