Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon Opportunity at the Milwaukee Veterans Affairs Medical Center
The Milwaukee, WI Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a part-time Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon to join our diverse, team-oriented, and compassionate workgroup, with a commitment to care not only for our Veterans, but one another. Our dental service is among the top 10 nationally when looking at productivity and visits and number 3 nationally when looking at productivity per eligible veteran. Our facility offers a multispecialty Dental Service including general dentistry, prosthodontics, periodontics, and oral surgery. We also host two large academic dental residencies inclusive of an Advanced Education in General Dentistry and Graduate Prosthodontics. Dental Residency program includes AEDG, GPR, Periodontist, Prosthodontist, General Dentistry, and Oral Surgery.
- The maxillofacial surgeon encompasses the diagnosis, surgical and adjunctive treatment of diseases, injuries, and defects involving both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial regions.
- Concentration on the lower two-thirds of the face, the lower portion of the orbital cavity, the maxilla, and the mandible.
- Provide evaluation, diagnosis, and surgical and adjunctive treatment of diseases, injuries and defects of the hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity either in clinic or in the operating room setting of assigned patients
- Provide consultative services on patients referred from other sections of the Medical Center and other VA facilities.
- Provide emergency dental services upon proper referral from triage.
- Provide a continuum of care for patients who are discharged from other VA facilities before their dental treatment is completed; performs administrative and other tasks
- Provide mentorship to dental residents
- Schedule is variable – 20 hours per week
*This position is eligible to apply for student loan reimbursement up to $200,000
We offer an all-around great benefits package to our part-time providers!
Annual performance bonus
Guaranteed salary increases
Licensure: 1 Full & Unrestricted license from any US State is acceptable
CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement
Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
13 days of paid vacation
6.5 days of paid Sick Leave
11 Paid Federal Holidays if on scheduled work day
Federal Retirement Plan
Separate 401K with 5% agency match
Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
No moonlighting restrictions
Up to 12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
Apply for Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon Opportunity at the Milwaukee Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert