Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician position at City of Hope
- City of Hope National Medical Center
- Irwindale, California
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Pulmonary Disease
- Full Time
- Position Type
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care | City of Hope National Medical Center | Duarte, CA
City of Hope Medical Group is seeking a clinical faculty member to serve patients on our Duarte campus.
Join our rapidly expanding, nationally recognized cancer institute as we seek to hire a fulltime physician to join our Pulmonary and Critical Care Team. We provide clinical and collaborative clinical research support for all City of Hope s major clinical programs, including medical oncology, surgical oncology and hematopoietic cell transplantation.
Our activities include inpatient and outpatient pulmonary consultations, new patient evaluations and various pulmonary/critical care procedures. The division manages an 18-bed multidisciplinary intensive care unit, a full-service respiratory therapy department, a lab with state-of-the-art pulmonary functional testing equipment, including body plethysmography and cardiopulmonary exercise testing, an arterial-blood gas laboratory and pulmonary rehabilitation program. We perform standard bronchoscopy, as well as advanced bronchoscopic techniques.
We have a robust interventional pulmonary program for advanced airway management and ablative procedures including, EBUS, robotic bronchoscopy, laser, cryotherapy, argon plasma coagulation, airway stent placement and pleural procedures. The division also moderates a weekly multidisciplinary Chest Tumor Board that reviews challenging thoracic oncology cases.
- Join a team of 9 Pulmonary and Critical Care physicians
- Effort allocation: 90% clinical and 10% administrative
- Clinical duties include: 2 half days in clinic, inpatient consults, and ICU coverage.
- 18 bed ICU-cover only one location (no travel)
- 4 nights maximum per month
- Relocation assistance available on a case-by case basis
- Competitive salary and benefits including an industry-leading retirement package *with zero matching required
- $334,000 - $425,000: The range listed is exclusively for base compensation for full-time employment and does not include incentive compensation or benefits. Actual compensation will be adjusted for experience, training, hospital/community need and other factors.
- Candidates with interest/experience in interstitial lung disease and/or teaching *strongly encouraged to apply
- ABIM board certification/eligibility in Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
Who We Are:
City of Hope is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Our mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, and hope into reality. We accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 51 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. City of Hope is currently ranked as the seventh Best Hospital for cancer in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report for 2022-23. City of Hope (COH) is a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases located in Duarte, California. Over the last 100 years, City of Hope has built a legacy in Duarte of being a world leader in cancer research, treatment, and prevention. Recently, the organization extended its reach beyond Duarte to include 37 community sites in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties, steadily moving it to number one in Southern California for inpatient market share and pushing its capacity limits. In 2018, City of Hope began a transformational journey with ambitious goals in the areas of patient care, value-based care and precision medicine, hematologic malignancies, stem cell transplants, and meaningful innovations and cures. Integral to the realization of these goals is the expansion of City of Hope to the Orange County and costal Los Angeles markets. Orange County has the ideal conditions for City of Hope to demonstrate its ability to expand its differentiated, niche services, including research, genetic capabilities and outstanding, subspecialty care.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives and transform the future of health. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better and more fully.
City of Hope continues to be a pioneer of patient centered care and remains committed to its tradition of exceptional care for patients, families and communities. Each day, we live out our credo:
"There is no profit in curing the body, if, in the process, we destroy the soul."?
The City of Hope Environment:
We want our employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. In the City of Hope environment, new employee partnerships thrive, with no barriers to freely sharing knowledge. And, in the same way we view patient care from a broad perspective, City of Hope encourages its employees, too, to enhance their view, by increasing their knowledge continually. Here at City of Hope, you will find great opportunities to provide fulfilling service, and to enjoy workplace satisfaction.
Enjoy Sunny Southern California:
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy miles of pristine beaches in areas such as Long Beach, Huntington, Laguna, Newport, Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan Beach and Santa Monica
- Home to UCSD, UCLA, UCI, USC, Cal Tech, and many other world class universities and colleges
- Our locations enjoy endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, concerts, and theatres.
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group, including but not limited to Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous/Native American, Persons of Color, or Women, are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician position at City of Hope
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert