- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Closing date
- Mar 16, 2024
- Radiology / Imaging
Physician (Radiology-Diagnostic) Fort Carson, Colorado
Fort Carson, CO: Located just south of Colorado Springs, Ft. Carson combines scenic beauty, pleasant residential areas, and cultural activities to satisfy every taste. It is an unusually well-rounded military community which offers a variety of recreational and cultural opportunities. World-class ski resorts are available within a short 2 1/2 hour drive, golf courses and biking trails are available on the installation as well as in the surrounding community. Numerous colleges and universities are available for continuing education.
Working for the Department of Defense comes with an abundance of benefits and perks to include competitive compensation packages, paid-time off, medical benefits, student loan repayments, and retirement package with Thrift Savings Plan to include matching employer contributions. For more information, please visit the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/
Serves as board certified radiologist with responsibility for the full range of cases, including the most difficult, in the radiology field. Participates in training of radiology and other clinical specialty residents, and contributes to clinical and basic research.
1. Obtains history for general radiographic diagnoses, carrying out appropriate physical examination if necessary, obtaining indicated laboratory test results, and assessing severity of illness. Provides full formal counseling with patients if necessary, thoroughly documenting all aspects of the encounter in the Medical Treatment Record. Contacts patients and referring physicians to provide results of studies and tests. Utilizes specialty-unique imaging technology in the diagnostic evaluation of patients with complex problems using special procedures as Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), and Ultrasound (US).
Oversees the radiographic examination, ensuring the correct radiographic procedures are conducted. Evaluates and interprets radiographs within the Department of Radiology in accordance with established principles, practices and ethics of both the medical profession and the American College of Radiology. Determines if cases should be referred to other specialists for review.
Performs fluoroscopic and special radiographic procedures to include but not limited to plain film radiology including fluoroscopy, Mammography, Ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Interventional, IVP's, Angiography, Computerized Tomography, Chest and Pediatric Radiology. Interprets radiographic results and prepares reports on various forms of diagnostic procedures. Consults with other staff radiologists and physicians, as required. Has patient responsibility within the Department during the time patients are present for examination, including overall supervision of critically ill patients and provision of emergency treatment and resuscitation measures when necessary.
Accomplishes special quality assurance studies and peer reviews. Provides advice, professional consultation/opinions and written technical studies and professional reviews in support of the various boards and committees within EACH. Attends Department or Hospital Board committee meetings as Tumor Board. Investigates new procedures and diagnostic techniques in radiology to improve or modify diagnostic capabilities.
2. Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, difficulty of assignments, and the capabilities of employees. Provides technical oversight. Develops performance plans and rates employees. Interviews candidates for subordinate positions; recommends hiring, promotion, or reassignments. Takes disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands. Identifies developmental and training needs of employees; provides and/or arranges for needed development and training.
Performs other duties as assigned.
US Citizenship required
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
AMERICA’S PREMIER MEDICAL TEAM, SAVING LIVES AND FOSTERING HEALTHY AND RESILIENT PEOPLE
- Promote, sustain, and enhance the health of our armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Train, develop, and equip a medical force that supports full spectrum operations.
- Deliver leading-edge healthcare to our warriors and military families to optimize outcomes.
DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT -
CARE FOR PATIENTS AND HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE PRACTICE.
There are a lot of reasons you became a physician, but none of them included inﬂexible work schedules, burdensome administrative tasks, and dealing with insurance companies. By offering you exceptional employment beneﬁts as well as the opportunity to practice at locations across the U.S. and around the world, DHA delivers you the work-life balance you have always been missing.
WORK AND LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
Practice your specialty and experience the unique career opportunities and beneﬁts that can be found at the DHA.
The civilian physicians of the Defense Health Agency meet the healthcare needs of active duty and retired military personnel, and their families, at treatment facilities across the U.S. and around the world.
- 250+ Locations Worldwide
- 5 Million+ Under Our Care
- Excellent Stafﬁng Ratios
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Patient-Focused Care
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Recruitment Bonuses
- Job Security
- Supportive Work Environment
With job openings at more than 250 military medical facilities all across the U.S. and around the world, DHA offers you the chance to practice where you want.
THE DHA IS CURRENTLY HIRING:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Allergists & Immunologists
- Occupational Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
YOUR CAREER SEARCH STARTS HERE.
“As a civilian serving in the DHA, I get what I was missing most in my old practice. I was tired of the punishing work schedule and dealing with insurance and all the stress it brings. Now, I still practice alongside great physicians in a state-of-the-art facility, but in an environment that allows me to have a life outside the practice.
Best of all, even though I'm a civilian, I receive excellent federal beneﬁts.”
Dr. Frank R
Evans Army Community Hospital
Fort Carson, CO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert